BTS Is The International-Sensation Korean Boy Group Shaking America To The Core

Expanding their impact on Korea to the whole world, BTS is currently at their all-time high.

151
Radio Disney-Twitter

In case you haven't heard, BTS is a Korean boy group shaking America. From award shows to hit television shows, BTS is showing the world that a language barrier doesn't matter when it comes to music. This international-sensation boy group has grabbed the attention all over the world starting from their music video "I Need You." From there on, BTS slowly rose to popularity, and their concept of youth in their music albums interested many new fans. Of course, many fans love BTS for their looks and songs; however, I believe that their whole concept and how they choose to convey their music is absolutely beautiful. Now, not only does Korea know about BTS, but the United States has also finally caught up and realized that BTS is a group that is worth paying attention to. Here are four ways BTS has made an impact on the United States, showing that they are truly an international-sensation.

1. Billboard Music Awards 2017

BTS made an appearance at the Billboard Music Awards 2017 on May 21, 2017. This appearance was probably the moment that marked the first BTS success in America. Many fans united from all around the world to get BTS on the voting ballot of Billboard's Top Social Artist. During voting time, BTS was acknowledged for their significantly large amount of votes for the category, shocking many people in America. For Billboard's Top Social Artist, BTS competed with other famous American singers such as Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, Shawn Mendes and Ariana Grande. In the end, BTS won Top Social Artist by a landslide, and the rest is history!

2. American Music Awards 2017

Recently, BTS attended the American Music Awards, and despite it being their first time at the American Music Awards (AMAs) show itself in addition to their first TV debut at the show, BTS has garnered much attention around the world. Prior to their American debut, BTS had support from fans all around the world along with many American celebrities, such as Ansel Elgort, Laura Marano, Chainsmokers, Desiigner, Halsey, Steve Aoki and many more. As expected, BTS amazed the crowd with their recent song, "DNA," leading to lots of positive feedback. Not only was BTS praised for their performance, but many American news programs such as ClevverTV loved their wardrobe and looks.

3. American Hit Television/Radio Shows

Not only did BTS attend the AMAs during their trip to LA, but BTS also made appearances on the Ellen Show, Jimmy Kimmel show, Ryan Seacrest's radio show and many more. For each and every show, many BTS fans, also known as "ARMYs," attended the shows to give their support to the boys. In fact, it is quite obvious that BTS has very supportive fans due to the loud screams you could hear when BTS introduced themselves, especially during the Ellen Show. In addition, after each show, many popular American celebrity news websites updated fans about BTS. For example, Billboard published an article telling its viewers to watch BTS' "Mic Drop" performance on the Ellen Show.

4. Times Magazine

On June 26, 2017, BTS was named as one of the "25 Most Influential People on the Internet" by Times Magazine. This meant BTS was making a huge impact on the internet by even being acknowledged by one of the biggest magazines in the world. In the article, the writer made a statement that BTS overtook popular singers Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez on Billboard's "Social 50" chart in addition to their album, "Wings," at number 26 on the Billboard 200.