To All The Girls Who Have Only Brothers: You're Not Alone

To All The Girls That Have Only Brothers, You're Not Alone

They're my favorite people in the whole world.

216

Ever since I was a little girl, I've always wanted an older sister that I could relate to, get advice from and share a room and clothes with. I always felt that my two brothers always had a built-in best friend with each other and had an unspoken language while I was always the odd one out.

It especially became challenging when I went through my puberty phase and didn't have someone to look up to. My mom was always there, but it's not always the same experience.

I wanted a sister. Someone that I could go shopping with, have deep heart to hearts with, and someone that I knew would always be by my side 24/7.

But, as I got older, I started to appreciate being the only girl and having two brothers to always make me laugh until I cry, beat all the hard video game levels for me, and protect me no matter what.

My brothers are my best friends.

Now that we're all a bit older, we can relate on more levels and we always enjoy the time we spend together, which isn't as frequent anymore as two of us are in college and the other is going through high school. Every holiday and vacation is the time of our lives and feels like we're kids again, play fighting and actually fighting over the stupidest things.

They always want the best for me and will pick me up when I'm down... and will literally pick me up when I'm stranded at the train station after school. They'll text me if I want anything while they're making a quick stop at Wawa. They'll get me the most thoughtful Christmas presents (with help from mom of course).

But most importantly, they'll always make sure I'm taken care of.

So, yeah, sometimes it's rough not having a sister, but it will always be amazing having brothers.