Brooke Davis Is Everything I Aspire To Be

Who doesn’t love a little B. Davis?

100

I know I'm talking about a character from a television show, here, but I just want to talk about how much and why I love Brooke Davis. She probably lands in the top five of my list of favorite fictional characters ever, and for good reason.

If you're unfamiliar with the show One Tree Hill (make yourself familiar and watch it, first of all) Brooke begins the series as a high school girl who's super insecure, wild, impulsive, and starts a lot of drama.

Now, I'm not saying being wild and all that is always synonymous with being a bad thing, but in Brooke's case it was, for the most part, because she was insecure and wanted people to like her, so she did a lot of things she probably shouldn't.

I love her because she shows an unmatched amount of strength and went through a lot of stuff. So does everyone, but the way she handled most of it is so graceful.

I love her because in just a few seasons she went from caring about appearances, who she dated, and being “popular", to caring about her character, who she was as a person, and doing the right thing. Character development.

I also love her because she's funny and beautiful, which, those things need to be credited to actress Sophia Bush, but still. They're one in the same right? Right.

I love her because she's an amazing friend. For the most part, she was an incredible friend to Peyton. She was always there for Rachel even after all that stuff went down, and she was dependable. She would do anything for her friends and that's exactly how it should be.

I love her because she stands up for herself. She stands her ground and defends herself when she needs to, and she doesn't stray away from that. She is the perfect example of a woman who sticks up for herself.

She was always someone everyone can lean on. When Lucas got into the accident, she was not only there for him when and after he was in the hospital, but she was also there for his mom Karen, and didn't think twice about it.

I could go on for hours and hours about reasons why Brooke Davis is the epitome of everything I want to be in life. She is definitely one of my favorite characters ever. I'll never get sick of watching One Tree Hill, and in a lot of ways, it's because of her.