An Open Letter To My Broken Hearted BFF

An Open Letter To My Broken Hearted BFF

If he is stupid enough to walk away be smart enough to let him go.

47
An Open Letter To My Broken Hearted BFF
SHAWNNA GRACE

To My Broken Hearted Beautiful BFF,

I know how many questions you have that were left unanswered, and I know behind that strong smile how much you are hurting right now.

I can't begin to express the love and support I have for you, not only at this point in your life, but always. I hate more than anything to see you hurt, especially when you are genuinely the most loving, thoughtful, and caring person I know and the one person in the whole entire world who doesn't deserve any of it. You are an inspiration to me, and I could never imagine a time where you aren't your smiling, sparkling self.

This guy who did this to you, I really just want to unleash the five two sass queen side of me on him, but I know in the end that will only hurt you more. So although I can't be much help there, there are some things that I will promise you.

Although time is one of the main things you need to heal (and lots of ice cream) , I do want you to know that I will be here with you every single step of the way. Every breakdown, every single time you need to vent, I will be there to hold you and listen. I will never judge, but rather love you more for your overcoming strength.

Although it seems impossible now, there is a time in the future where you will be laughing, happy, and forgetful of all the pain you endured during this time. There will be a time when you wake up with hope and excitement of what the future holds for you.

You are so strong and have so much to offer! This guy who doesn't see it, he is really, REALLY missing out and I know one day he will look at you and see where you are in your life and regret the second he walked away. I can't emphasize your worth enough. You are the whole package, and you deserve someone who sees that. You have given so much of yourself, and you deserve someone who will not only give that back to you, but more!

You deserve to feel loved every second of every day and never have a single doubt about him or his love or where his heart is. You deserve to be treated with respect and treated as a priority. You are someone's future, and you deserve someone who can give you one too! You are worth so much more than what you've been given and I want you to truly see that.

Falling in love is one of the few things in life that is magical. The reality is that you will get the opportunity to fall in love again, and instead of focusing on the fact that it wont be him, I want you to focus on the big picture.

You get to have all the firsts again, and think of how all those made you feel. First dates, first kisses, the experience of getting to know someone from the very beginning. What a beautiful thing it is that you have that to look forward to.

Heartbreak is the worst pain we can endure, but it's something that makes us a better person in the end.

You will find someone who you won't even have to try with. He'll simply hug you, and will glue all your broken pieces back together.

Never settle for anything less than what you deserve, and my love, please remember that you deserve the world.

Here for you forever and ever. You are the Blair to my Serena.

Love,

Your Super Protective BFF