Brittany Dawn Fitness Scam

Brittany Dawn Fitness Is A Scam And Here Is Why

The new year is a all about setting healthy goals, creating new habits, and getting fit! Well for the followers and fans of Brittany Dawn may have come up short

933

The new year is an all about setting healthy goals, creating new habits, and getting fit! Well for the followers and fans of Brittany Dawn may have come up short. Recently the Dallas Fitness Influencer Brittany Dawn has been under heat for allegedly being accused of scamming clients. Dawn started her fitness journey in 2012 soon after she started coaching others. Her journey was nothing less than inspiring. According to her website (which is aesthetically pleasing I might add), she offers meal and workout plans, that include weekly check-in and online support from the influencer these services cost up to $300. Recently people have been reaching out and saying that they were getting the services they paid for. Here are a few comments from clients on the Better Business Bureau:

04/23/2018

I didn't receive what I paid for by any stretch of the imagination. I want a refund and to get the word out. Over the duration of XXXX-XXXX, I purchased three online plans from Brittany. The first was a month long training plan advertised as individualized, when in reality it was the same exact plan every consumer receives.

In addition, the plan included weekly check ins to ask questions, receive guidance, and adjust macronutrients with the promise of a three day turn around. Not only were the responses from her well beyond the promised time frame, they also didn't bother to answer any questions or address any of my concerns.

They were generic responses, like "doing great, keep going girl!" and the like. Questions were not even acknowledged nor responded to. So, with the hope that the first plan was a fluke, that there was a valid excuse, and the desperate desire for results in a time of eating disorders on my part (which she marketed too, by the way, but covered herself by making consumers check a box that you didn't have them), I went on to purchase more plans. I purchased two challenges that run under the same format as specified above but with the incentive of a prize at the end if you "win."

I entered a challenge hoping to just recoup lost money and busted it to lose the weight and perform the best, disregarding the lack of responses and the like. And I did win! However, the $500 prize that was advertised never came. She said that instead she'd decided to change it to the equal value in merchandise and a plan. Lucky me, a few more months of less than adequate coaching with a few t-shirts to provide her advertisement.

As a member of the exclusive Facebook group for members who paid for plans, I consistently saw positive feedback that led me to believe I was expecting too much or a minority in the way I felt. However, in the light of day, it's been exposed that she deletes anything that expresses concern or doubt, never bothering to even respond to it. It's also been exposed that I'm far from a minority and it's time to speak up to save others the loss of their hard earned money for the fraudulent business that Brittany runs. It's time the truth be known. It's rather convenient to advertise no refunds; you don't depend on a repeat customer so it's easy to take the money and run, while marketing to those who know nothing of your faulty business practices that you continually hide.

Here's another: 04/05/2018

I have not received my fitness package I purchased 216 hours ago on, it said it would take 96 hours, we're 120 over. I paid ******** Dawn fitness $185 on 3/26/2018, I bought the 60-day bridal package and it said I would hear back within 96 hours we'll it's 4/4/2018 now I have yet to receive anything.

I have emailed, written on a chat that pops on her website and contacted her through Facebook and I still haven't received anything. I would like a full refund of $185 due to the fact it's false advertisement. I have proof I have tried to reach out and when I bought my package. I want to work with a trainer whom I know takes their customers serious not makes them wait days upon days to either hear back or deliver what they bought.

My opinion on this situation is I don't necessarily think she purposely was trying to scam her clients.I do think she has gotten in over her head which is good and bad. Good because obviously, her marketing tactics are amazing but bad because she can't deliver the quality of service she's advertising.

I think she needs to either quickly deliver what her clients want or refund them their money immediately. I myself am on a fitness journey and it really takes guts and accountable to commit to changing your lifestyle. So I definitely understand how the clients feel not getting the service they expected. On the business side, this could really tarnish her reputation if she doesn't get a grip on the situation. To the clients, I say stay local "online fitness" is difficult and there isn't a lot of accountability.

She has since made an open apology on her YouTube channel: Brittany Dawn Apology

After watching the video I don't feel the apology was very genuine.

What do you think?