If Britney Spears Can Survive 2007, You Can Survive Today

Her "toxic" environment made this pop singer go off the edge

470
Wikimedia

I recently watched this BuzzFeed video, where a few Britney Spears Stans talked about Britney's trials and tribulations.

I knew she went crazy and shaved all of her hair off, but I never know exactly why.

When I found out the story I was intrigued and inspired. I think the rest of the world should know her real story and maybe it will encourage you to make 2018 your best year.

Britney had a relationship with Justin Timberlake and publically expressed that she was no longer a virgin. Soccer moms were shaking in their ankle boots. They could not believe that Britney Spears would do such a thing as she was supposed to be this perfect role model for their children. Some mothers even went to the fact of publically announcing that if they had the chance to shoot Britney Spears that they would. And I think this small comment began her downfall.

We actually see Britney crying in an interview saying how hard it was to have absolutely no privacy and have the paparazzi follow her 24/7. The paparazzi even went as far as to take a photo of her driving away with her child not properly buckled in a car seat. At first, you would say "oh what an awful mother", but she was simply trying to get away from the swarm of paparazzi as soon as possible. Getting out of this bad situation was what she was worried about.

There was then an investigation of whether she was fit to see her children. She was deemed unfit and her children were taken away from her and it was difficult for her to see them.

She began hanging around with the wrong crowd and became involved in party culture.

After a hair stylist told her that she wouldn't shave her head she took the clippers out of her hand and shaved it herself. She began talking to paparazzi in a fake British accent and yelling profanity at them.

She checked into rehab for less than 24 hours and then left.

She was seen at her worst when she did a VMA's performance where she looked like a zombie and was wearing an awful wig to cover up her recent shaved head mishap.

She took one of her children and locked herself and the child in a bathroom for over 3 hours until they got them out.

After this incident, she is hospitalized in a psychiatric ward she is put in.

In 2008 she is let out and is given sole custody of her children. This is a huge turning point for Britney.

From what I understand about the situation it seems as if Britney is just a mother who just wants to see her children that are ripped away from her. This, in turn, makes her go a little crazy. Once she has her children back she is able to be herself again.

Going through all of these awful events really made her stronger and find out what was really important in life and that was family for her.

We as humans have to figure out what is that one thing that is important to us and never let go of it. Seeing all of what Britney has been through can show us that everyone, including celebrities, goes through troubling times. If they can get through it, you can get through it too.