8 delicious breakfast in bed recipes for father's day

You don't need to be the next Master Chef to be able to cook these meals.

185

Every year I always cook my dad breakfast for Father's Day. I try to not do the same meal each year so I tend to try out different recipes. Most of the recipes that I listed don't require a ton of effort or ingredients but can really make your dad happy on Father's Day. Let's get cooking!

1. Perfect buttermilk pancakes

Perfect Pancakes

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

1 teaspoon salt

1 tablespoon white sugar

1 1/4 cups milk

1 egg

3 tablespoons butter, melted

Directions:

1. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.

2, Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

2. Scrumptious crepes

Scrumptious Crepes

Ingredients:

1 cup all-purpose flour

1/8 teaspoon salt

2 tablespoons granulated white sugar

2 large eggs (room temperature)

1 1/4 cup milk (room temperature)

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)

2 tablespoons melted butter, cooled to room temperature

Directions:

1. Place all the ingredients in your blender or food processor and process for about 15-30 seconds or until smooth. Then cover and let sit at room temperature about 15-30 minutes.

3. Heat a 9 inch (23 cm) non stick frying pan or crepe pan over medium heat. Lightly butter the the pan.

4. Lift the pan from the heat and, using a small ladle or scoop, pour about 3-4 tablespoons of the batter into the center of the hot pan. Tilt and swirl the pan so the batter forms an even layer. Cook for about 1-2 minutes.

5. Flip the crepe and continue to cook for about 15-30 seconds or until you have brown spots over the surface. Remove from heat and place on a plate or wire rack.

6. Fill crepes with whatever you want. This includes cut up fruit, jam, nutella, etc.

3. Delicious omelet

Delicious Omelet

Ingredients:

3 Eggs

1/2 Red bell pepper

1/2 Green bell pepper

1/4-1/2 Cup cheese

1/4 Cup onion

1 Tablespoon water

1 Tablespoon butter

1 Teaspoon butter

Directions:

1. Slice and chop peppers and onions into bite-sized pieces.

2. Preheat small frying pan over medium heat. Coat pan with 1 tablespoons of butter. Add peppers and onions and saute for 5-7 minutes.

3. While the vegetables saute, scramble the three eggs and 1tablespoon of water in a mixing bowl.

4. Preheat a frying pan over just under medium heat. Coat the pan with 1 teaspoon of butter. Pour in egg mixture. Watch the egg mixture. When you look through the clear egg "windows" and see white or yellow cooked egg at the bottom, a base has formed for the omelet.

5. Spread the pepper and onion mixture over half the egg mixture. Spread the shredded cheese over the other half. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes. When the cheese is melted and there is no runny egg in the omelet, use a spatula to fold the cheese half over and onto the pepper and onion half.

6. You can always exchange the peppers and onions for other things like bacon, mushroom, or tomatoes.

4. Mouthwatering breakfast potatoes

Mouthwatering breakfast potatoes

Ingredients:

4 Large or 6 Medium Potatoes, peeled and cut into ½" cubes

1 Large Onion, diced

1 Red Bell Pepper, diced

3 Cloves of Garlic, minced

2 tsp of Fresh Chopped Parsley

2 Tbsp of Olive Oil

1 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter

Salt and Pepper, to taste

Directions:

1. Preheat the oil and butter in large non stick skillet over medium heat, add the potatoes, toss to coat them in the oil and butter mixture and place a lid on the pan. Allow the potatoes to cook covered for 10 minutes.

2. Remove the lid and increase the heat between medium and medium high, add the onion and red bell pepper and make sure you try to push the veggies down a little to get them to be almost in a single layer so they can develop some color.

3. Allow the veggies to cook on all sides for about 15 minutes and develop a good golden brown color but don't stir them too much.

4. Add the parsley and garlic and season with salt and pepper and cook for 1 more minute.

5. Tasty french toast

Tasty french toast

Ingredients:

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

2 tablespoons sugar

4 tablespoons butter

4 eggs

1/4 cup milk

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

8 slices challah, brioche, or white bread

1/2 cup maple syrup, warmed

Directions:

1.In a small bowl, combine, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar and set aside briefly.

2. In a 10-inch or 12-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat.

3. Whisk together cinnamon mixture, eggs, milk, and vanilla and pour into a shallow container such as a pie plate.

4. Dip bread in egg mixture. Fry slices until golden brown, then flip to cook the other side. Serve with syrup.

6.Finger-licking breakfast sandwich

Finger-licking breakfast sandwich

Ingredients:

Unsalted butter

1 English muffin, split

1 BA Breakfast Sausage patty

2 slices American cheese

2 large eggs, beaten to blend

Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

Handful of chopped fresh chives

Hot sauce and honey (for serving; optional)

Directions:

1. Generously butter each half of English muffin on both sides. Heat a large griddle or cast-iron skillet over medium.

2. Toast muffin on griddle, cut side down, pressing slightly until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Flip and toast on other side, pressing slightly until golden brown on other side, about 3 minutes.

3. Meanwhile, cook BA Breakfast Sausage patty on griddle until browned on 1 side, about 2 minutes.

4. Flip and top with American cheese; cook until sausage is cooked through and cheese starts to melt, about 2 minutes. Turn off heat; keep muffin and sausage on warm griddle while you make the eggs.

5. Heat a knob of butter in a small nonstick skillet (6" is ideal) over medium. Add eggs and season with salt and pepper.

6. Using a heatproof rubber spatula, cook, lifting edges and tilting skillet to let uncooked egg run underneath, until mostly set but still slightly runny on top, about 2 minutes.

7.Top with chives and fold eggs over to make a half moon; fold in half again

8. To serve, top bottom half of English muffin with egg, then sausage. Drizzle with hot sauce and honey, if desired.

7. Yummy Belgium waffles

Yummy Belgium waffles

Ingredients:

2 cups all-purpose flour

3/4 cup sugar

3-1/2 teaspoons baking powder

2 large eggs, separated

1-1/2 cups whole milk

1 cup butter, melted

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Sliced fresh strawberries or syrup

Directions:

1. In a bowl, combine flour, sugar and baking powder. In another bowl, lightly beat egg yolks.

2. Add milk, butter and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.

3. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Serve with strawberries or syrup.

8. Savory breakfast burrito

Savory breakfast burrito

Ingredients:

1 package (16 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes

12 large eggs

1 large onion, chopped

1 medium green pepper, chopped

1/2 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage, browned and drained

12 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed

3 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Salsa, optional

Directions:

1. In a large skillet, fry hash browns according to package directions; remove and set aside.

2. In a large bowl, beat eggs; add onions and green pepper. Pour into the same skillet; cook and stir until eggs are set. Remove from heat. Add hash browns and sausage; mix gently.

3. Place about 3/4 cup filling on each tortilla and top with about 1/4 cup cheese. Roll up and place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Serve with salsa if desired.

I hope that you get to enter the Chopped Kitchen for Father's Day and cook some incredible food. the best part about these meals is they don't take a ton of effort but look like you slaved over the stove for hours. No matter what you end up doing for Father's Day, just know that anything coming from a place of love is what matters. And like they always say, "a way to a man's heart is through his stomach."