5 Brands That Are Keeping Every Social Media Lover Laughing In A Negative Online World

Ads are everywhere you go online, so if you can't beat 'em, you might as well laugh at them.

48
freestocks.org via Pexels

Over the past year or so, my Twitter feed has gotten to be pretty depressing. With political tensions rising and what seems like a tragedy every day, it seems that for every one positive tweet I see, there's another that's negative. While these issues are important to be aware of, sometimes I use social media as an escape from the sometimes bleak world we live in.

Another thing that stands directly between me and the content I want to see is ads. Living in corporate America during the age of social media makes it almost impossible to use any app or social media website without having to deal with constant advertisements. However, I've found that some of the funniest Twitter are actually pages representing brands. Here's a countdown of my top five favorite branded Twitter accounts:

5. Denny's

Denny's reputation on social media originally stemmed from its Tumblr blog, where it posts things (mostly relating to breakfast foods in some way) that just don't make very much sense. Fortunately for them, this kind of humor definitely appeals to young adults, so they employ the same types of jokes on their Twitter as well. However, there are only so many jokes you can make about breakfast food before it loses its appeal, which is why Denny's falls at number five on my list

4. Netflix

Netflix's Twitter account is a perfect mix of Netflix news and movie-related jokes, so if that's something you're into, it's definitely worth the follow, It's not as joke heavy as some of the other accounts on this list, but if you've got an interest in what's happening at Netflix and the occasional joke, this is the account for you.

3. Chipotle

There are two things college students are known for: their weird sense of humor and their love for Chipotle. Naturally, the Chipotle Twitter account capitalizes on this in a way that no other Twitter account could. Chipotle-themed humor for everyone!

2. Wendy's

Wendy's social media game has always been strong across the board. They even dropped a mixtape as part of their neverending battle for dominance in the fast food world. They're great at keeping up with meme trends without sounding forced. If you don't mind a few ads here and there, Wendy's cooks up some pretty juicy content that makes it worth a follow.

1. Moonpie

I had never heard of MoonPie's Twitter account until this morning. In fact, I had all but forgotten what MoonPies even were. But boy oh boy, was I missing out. First, it must be said that MoonPie's Twitter account does little to no obvious advertising.

Yes, it is a verified account for the brand, and lots of tweets mention the product in some capacity, but I have scrolled through an alarming amount of their (hilarious) tweets and have not come across any that seemed like an actual ad. It takes a specific sense of humor to appreciate their non-sequitur tweets, but it had me in tears from laughing so hard.

When it comes to taking a break from the negativity on social media, you might find humor in the place where you least expect it. If you can't beat the ads, join 'em.