My Boyfriend Makes Music, So I Know How Important It Is To Support Local Underground Artists

Nobody truly knows what it takes to build a music career when you don't have any connections until you experience it yourself.

6

My boyfriend has been at work on his music career for over ten years. Ten years of building up his studio, his connections, and his experience in the music industry. Now, after a year and a half of joining a music duo StarOcean, he is now signing with a major music label. But, that's just scratching the service of what he wants to accomplish.

It's not easy for everyone to catch a break in the music industry and make it big over night. It takes time, money, patience, hard work, and perseverance. That's why it's up to us to support our local up-and-coming artists. It's important to do what we can to support our friends who make music.

It might seem simple to make music, a good melody, and add bass to a song, but it's so much more than that. Do you think anyone can do it? I would love to see you give it a try.

Nick, my boyfriend, has listened to one song over and over and over, about a hundred times, to make sure it sounded right. To make sure that everything fit together and sounded good. It has to do with mixing and mastering, making sure the sound isn't too overpowering, and there aren't too many highs and lows involved.

And don't even get me started about writing good song lyrics. Do you know how hard it is to make good song lyrics?

It's like supporting local businesses. They put a lot of time, energy, resources, and money into their business to make sure it's successfully, and we rave all day long about supporting them. So I ask one simple question, why can't we do the same for up-and-coming artists?

Artists may be the one making the music and doing all the hard work, but sometimes it takes a village to make someone's dreams come true. It takes five seconds to share a post, share a song, like a song, or follow someone on social media. So I will ask you one more question: Can you take the time, and the five seconds out of your day to support local and underground artists?