Best Places To Eat in Boone, NC
food

What Boone Restaurant You Should Eat At Based On Your Cravings

Where are you going to eat?

117
Kate Nystrom

Although Boone, North Carolina is known for good views, having all four seasons, and having the best college campus in the world, we also have AMAZING food. Because Boone has evolved into a college town and an area for tourism, it seems like we have more restaurant options that the average town. Whether you're feeling a burger, Mexican food, or a late night milkshake, Boone has any type of food option you may be looking for. However, because we have so many places to choose from, figuring out where to go eat is the hardest part.

1. If you want Mexican food, head to Dos Amigos

I know there is a HUGE debate as to whether Dos Amigos or Los Arcoiris is better, (it's for sure Dos) but I think Dos Amigos has more options for your Mexican food cravings. Their menu is huge, and there are plenty of things to chose from. As someone who doesn't even consider themselves a huge fan of Mexican food, I am ALWAYS down to go to Dos. Just make sure not to eat too much chips and salsa before your food comes out!

2. If you need some greasy delicious food, go to Comeback Shack

I feel like this might be a no-brainer for those of us that have been in Boone for a while, but Comeback Shack is a staple-piece restaurant. It seems like, every time you having a craving for Comeback Shack, the entire town of Boone does too. However, it's cheap, delicious, and always hits the spot no matter what you get. Any other ordinary burger restaurant just doesn't cut it anymore.

3. If you need to grab a late night bite, Macado's is the place to go

While everybody in Boone knows that they are known for their huge, delicious cinnamon rolls, they also have a huge menu with tons of options. Macado's is one of those restaurants where you could take anybody, and they could find something they would like on their menu. While it's open all throughout the day, it's also open just a little bit after midnight. That's hard to find in Boone; most places close around 10:00p.m. Head there if you need a late night study break!

4. If you're looking for healthier options, check out Wild Craft Eatery

This restaurant is what I would call 'everyone' friendly; meaning they have a lot of vegan, vegetarian, and gluten free options. Even if you aren't either of those, they still have food anybody would enjoy. It's located right on King Street, and it seems to always be crowded with people wanting to grab a bite to eat. They have a lot of great soups, salads, and sandwiches. They have the best tomato soup I've had to this day!

5. If all thus fails, Waffle House will never let you down

I don't think there has EVER been a time where I passed up a trip to Waffle House. And, every time I go, it's always packed. Maybe the town of Boone could petition to expand it? Plus, who doesn't love a nice, warm waffle? The staff is always extremely nice, and the food always comes out quick. Also, they always keep it super clean in there. There's no way they could ever let you down!