10 Things Almost Every Book Lover Can Relate To

It's hard to decide which book to read, and even harder to approve of the movie adaption.

102
mythoughtsareabook instagram page

Those who read books don't just live one life, they live many lives through the pages that others have wrote. As someone who loves reading with a passion, trust me when I say that it's quite the adventure. Although it brings a lot of joy, there are moments where the frustration leaks out and the obsession becomes a little embarrassing. Here are 10 things a lot of book lovers like me can relate to.

1. Deciding what to read next can take almost as long as actually reading the book

THERE ARE SO MANY OPTIONS. You could reread your favorite book, or maybe feel a little crazy and start that new series everyone has been talking about. Or maybe you should actually read that book you bought 3 months ago and still haven't opened... You'll figure it out in a minute.

2. The excitement of finding out one of your favorite books is being made into a movie

You have lots of high expectations, obviously, but no matter what you're already looking up movie tickets and predicting who is going to play which character and imagining the scenes they're going to film. Let's just hope that they don't screw it up like they did last time.

3. The disappointment/anger when the movie doesn't do the book justice

The characters are washed out, that was not how I pictured that would happen, THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN IN THE BOOK. Sadly, movies don't usually do the book justice. Movies will never live up to their books, but they can at least follow the actual story right? Some movies do a good job, (like The Hunger Games in my opinion) and some completely flop (Eragon, amirite?).

4. You lose all self-control when buying books

You go to the bookstore and you see not only one, not two, but probably about seven books that you want. You sit there and struggle on which one you're going to buy, knowing all too well that you don't have the money to buy all of them. So you stick to a max of three and obviously walk out with four. You pass by the window outside of the store and you see all the books and, well, now you want more.

5. Now that you have all of these books, your next problem is finding a spot on the bookshelf to put them

You buy a lot of books, and if your family members also like books, that bookshelf can fill up pretty fast. You've filled the shelves, put books on top, slid them in sideways above the other books, you name it. You've attempted them all. But now you've got more, and this time it doesn't look like there's a single spot. Maybe you should just buy another bookshelf.

6. You tend to lose some sleep when getting into a good book

Once you start you can't stop. Next thing you know it's 4 am and you still have 3 chapters left. You're tired, but you have to know how it ends. It doesn't matter if you have class in 4 hours. You. Need. To. Know.

7. Just losing track of time and the world around you in general

You've been absorbed in that book for hours, and finally one of your friends calls you to see if you're okay since you haven't answered your Snapchats or the door. You're not even sure what day it is anymore. It's been a few in your book-iverse. Besides, time is relative right?

8. The joy of discovering someone likes the same book as you

Wait, you like Harry Potter too?!? *Insert screaming* Nothing is more exciting than finding a fellow lover of books. Even better when their favorite book is the same as yours. It doesn't matter if you're complete strangers, your best friends now. Your other friends might not see you for a couple weeks. And now you have someone to go see the movie with you!

9. You now know the names of all the Barnes & Noble employees and they probably know yours

After all, you give them quite a bit of business and spend a lot of time there. They've helped you find all the books you've been looking for and they have your membership number memorized. Let's just hope they like you and aren't trying to shoo you out the door as fast as possible.

10. SPOILERS

NO I HAVEN'T READ THAT PART YET. It's too late though, you heard every word. Nothing can make you forget what you have heard. Your heart is broken and you've lost the will to live. Obviously you're going to keep reading, but it just won't be the same. People who do the spoiling are now dead to you.