Skinny Shaming Is Body Shaming
Body Positivity

Body Shaming Skinny Girls Is Just As Bad As Body Shaming Larger Girls

We should NOT tear each other down based on the way our bodies look.

614
Ashley Brooke Boyd

I feel like recently there has been a lot of negative comments directed at girls who are smaller, especially because it is bikini pic posting season. When will people realize that "skinny" girls are self-conscious too? Thinner girls are not immune to cellulite, stretch marks, and insecurities. I feel like, to an extent, ALL girls wish they could change something about their body.

But body shaming skinny girls is STILL body shaming.

It is damaging to a girl's self-confidence if you point out how small she is. It is frustrating to tell her to shut up when she talks about working out. Working out isn't to lose weight, it is to stay healthy. It's annoying when someone tells a girl to eat a burger. Trust me, some girls eat and eat and it doesn't help.

Some girls are incapable of gaining weight.

Stop making them feel bad for the way their bodies look. You wouldn't be very happy if someone told you that you looked bad because of your fat, so don't be rude to the girls who are small. Every body is beautiful. Stop making fun of girls that don't have curves. They can't help that. Body shaming is looked down upon UNLESS someone attacks a skinny girl. As women, we should all be lifting each other up and complimenting each other on the way we CHOOSE to look like: clothing styles, shoes, hair, makeup, etc. We should NOT tear each other down based on the way our bodies look.

Just please, be considerate when you point out someone's "flaws.

We can't choose our body shape (I mean, you can by exercising but some people just have really fast metabolism). Please be kind to others and treat them the way you want to be treated. If you don't want someone to make a comment about the way your body looks, don't comment on someone else's. Let's lift each other up instead of tearing each other down. Stop skinny shaming.