Body Shaming Is Real

Body Shaming Is Real

Love your body!

24
Body Shaming Is Real
Library

Body shaming will always be an issue because social media wants to portray thin women and women with lip fillers. FaceTune is an application used by many individuals, and I don't use it. I recalled when I sent a picture to my friend to get his opinion on what I looked like, he utilized Facetune on my picture. He reduced my waist and told me, now you look perfect. I was shocked he was telling me, in other words, that I had to lose weight to be beautiful. I am not this person's friend anymore because friends are not supposed to body shame you. Everyone should know that their perfect any size that they are. Never let what other people think about you stop you from being who you want to be. If you want to talk pictures at the gym and promote body positivity do it. IS YOUR BODY!!!!!!!!

When I open my social media, I see people with thin hips and tanned bodies, and I don't feel less about myself. I am content with myself and my body. I remember in middle school, I was a part of a fifteen-year party it is known as a "quinceñera." According to the birthday girl, I had to lose weight because I was too fat to fit on the dress. I told my mom what happened, and I told her that I wanted to not be part of her party. I want to be in a place where I am accepted, and if my weight is not good enough for her, screw her.

Therefore, her mother came to my house and told me to participate in her daughter's birthday party, which was two weeks ahead of that time body-shamed me in the cafeteria while I ate my tater tots. If her mom hadn't come to apologize, I would've never spoken to her again. I started to do extreme diets in middle school but stopped because it was annoying, and I love to eat. Time passed then in high school, I became more confident in myself, and I didn't care at all. Then, I decided to run for prom queen, and people were saying, "I don't deserve it" and that "I am not beautiful enough."

BABY, I'm Yamily Santana; put some respect on my name. When I was running for the Prom queen at high school, many people talked bad things behind my back. Some even dared to say she is not blonde with blue eyes; why should she run. My response to that is that you don't need to be blonde with blue eyes to be considered beautiful. I don't need to be thin to be considered attractive. I need to be proud and confident in my skin to block all the negativity that people will say about me. In college, I never gave a damn, and now in my life, I never will. You cannot make someone like you all the time; some people will hate you because you are unapologetically yourself. So this is my response to anyone that body shames people and body shame themselves.

-YOU ARE IMPORTANT

-FIND HELP

-RESPECT YOURSELF

-LOVE YOURSELF

Individuals that body shame have internal issues that they must find help to fix. It is important to work on yourself, respect others, and find a way to find yourself. I always tell myself I love myself; whatever flaw I have, I learned to love it already!!!