How Body Image Affects Different People Differently
Body Positivity

Body Image: A Hot Take

My take on body image and it's effects on people.

125
Body Image: A Hot Take

Let's talk about body image.

Body image is something that affects every single person in some way or another, every last one of us.

Even the most beautiful, perfect people have flaws, and there is always something that can be different, something that can be better.

Let me give you an example here: me. I am a naturally skinny person. Seriously. I have a super-fast metabolism and can basically eat whatever I want with zero consequences, for the most part. I do not go to the gym. I run every once in a while, but not enough to do anything more than making me feel good about myself. And I have no problem with the way I am. I love myself, everything about me, and I don't care about anyone else's opinion. It took me a while to get here, but I'm in a really good place right now.

Last year, one of my really good guy friends was under the influence and said something to me about having a flat ass. It's true, I do have a flat ass. Like there is nothing there. It's never bothered me, though.

"Why don't you just, do some squats or something?" He said. I said no. I don't want to so I'm not going to. Because I can do what I want and his opinion is nothing of consequence, and I have thick enough skin to take some constructive criticism every once in a while. But the problem is that a lot of people would have taken that very differently, become super offended and taken that comment personally.

But the real problem is that I was expected to not have a flat ass because that's what women are portrayed as objects that need to look a certain way. The things people see in the media, and everywhere, are perfect, and women are portrayed as perfect. Victoria's Secret models, who are super skinny and work very hard for that, have perfect bodies, and perfect asses and boobs to boot, but that's not how real people are.

I think we all need to take a step back and realize that nobody is perfect, and we need to appreciate everyone for their imperfections.