A Blank Piece Of Paper Can Be Whatever You Want It To Be, So What Do You Want?

That white sheet of paper can be the birthplace of imagination.

78

No matter where you are reading this right now, pull out a white sheet of paper. Don't draw on it, put it at a funny angle, or fold it. Just look at it, what do you see when you stare down at it?

What do you see looking down at the blank piece of paper? Maybe, you see yourself running through snow that is so fluffy that you could sleep on it. All the worries from the day would go away and think that nothing else matters in the world. In your hat and gloves just laying there looking into the sky daydreaming about your crush that you just saw in class. Possibly, you're in that snow with your crush sharing a moment that you wish would never end. You're both glaring into each other's eyes with that weird fuzzy feeling in your heart. Is that what you see on the white sheet of paper?

What do you see looking down at the blank sheet of paper? How about this you're fighting a fire-breathing dragon that's 70 feet tall. This dragon is going to destroy the small village that you swore to protect. You draw your blade and begin to fight for the people that have put all their faith into you. The dragon has been slain! You return to the village with the dragons head in your hands, your armor busted and worn, and sweat dripping from the heat of the flames. The people cheer, they lift you on their shoulders and they praise your name for the world to know. The next generation of people will forever know your legend. Is that what you see on the white sheet of paper?

What do you see looking down at the blank sheet of paper? Maybe, you see your future home in the mountains. You're sitting in your massive leather chair, tea on the table next to you, a good book in your hands, and relaxing in a big soft sweater. The room is so quiet that you can hear the wind blowing from the outside. It is so peaceful in this home, nothing could possibly go wrong. You worked your whole life to finally have this peaceful time and away from the world. This is paradise and now you simply doze off from the warmth of the fire. Is that what you see on the white sheet of paper?

What do you see looking down at the blank sheet of paper? Could it be you? Just you, nothing else is on the paper. You are just standing in that paper with nothing around. No dragons, mountain homes, no crush. Just you. The loneliness of just standing around nothing, no one has come into this picture. You cannot think of anyone that could save you from this loneliness. Too many people have let you down and life has chewed you up and spit you out. You sit in that blank space because sometimes silence can be the loudest force in the world. Is that what you see on the white sheet of paper?

That white sheet of paper can be the birthplace of imagination. No matter what time of day it is or where you reading this piece. Pull out that white paper and try to find out what you see. Maybe, you just see nothing.