Blame It On The Freshmen

Blame It On The Freshmen

A look into the first two weeks back at school when the freshmen seem like the entire population.

10
Blame It On The Freshmen
QuickMeme

We finally made it through the first week back to school, which only means that we have one more week of adjustment from the freshmen. Let’s be real here for a second, how often do any of you upperclassmen go through a series of unfortunate events and just automatically blame it on the freshmen because it’s easier than taking the blame for yourself? I’m sure many of you reading this think you do, in fact, just that. Of course, sometimes it actually IS the freshmen. Freshmen are our college generation’s scapegoat for everything, and here's a list of all the reasons why we simply blame it on the freshmen.

1. The first day back means you have to deal with those roundabouts, and of course the roundabouts are getting completely backed up because somebody isn’t aware that they have the right of way, so what do you do?... Blame it on the freshmen.

2. It’s noon, the lunch rush. You walk inside the dining hall and it’s about a 45-minute wait in any of the food lines. Obviously whose fault is it that you can’t get through a lunch line in a timely fashion?... Blame it on the freshmen.

3. It’s 8:55 a.m. and you are rushing out the door to try and make it to your 9:25 a.m. class, but as you FINALLY make it to campus, you get stuck behind 20 minutes of traffic. What do you do?... Blame it on the freshmen.

4. Once you manage to make it through the traffic, you reach the issue of parking. Clearly having to park all the way in Guam is the only option you have left because all of the lazy people had to take the easy parking spots. You’re not lazy and leaving just a couple minutes sooner wouldn’t have helped anyway, so what do you do? ... Blame it on the freshmen.

5. Walking down the hallway to make it to your next class is basically impossible. You can’t even squeeze your way through because people are taking up both sides. It couldn’t have anything to do with all the classrooms that are on that floor that just happen to have class letting out at the same time, so what do you do? ... Blame it on the freshmen.

6. They are out of chocolate milk in the dining hall... again... Blame it on the freshmen.

7. What’s that noise at 3 a.m. in the dorms that just doesn’t seem to be going away? Honestly, who hasn’t realized yet that sleep is actually important and essential every once in awhile?... Blame it on the freshmen.

8. You’re the RA who received 10 calls during one shift because people keep forgetting their keys and locking themselves out of their rooms. Seriously, how can this many people forget their keys? Why has no one realized that your dorm key needs to become your new body part. Basically, never leave your room without it! ... Blame it on the freshmen.

9. You think you will actually get out of class after just going over the syllabus, BUT of course there is that one person that keeps constantly asking the professor questions which leads them into all of these different tangents. Why is this person even alive? ... Blame it on the freshmen.

Obviously, adjusting in the first two weeks of college is a struggle and a half. When you go back and look at everything that happened you, realize that maybe, just maybe, not everything was the freshmen’s fault. It just gives upperclassmen a really good catchphrase for the entire year because let’s face it, “Blame it on the freshmen” is going to last well after the first two weeks of college.