15 Black-Owned Activewear Brands Everyone Should Know

15 Black-Owned Activewear Brands Every Leggings-Lover Needs To Be Supporting

Whether you're sweating through a HIIT workout or watching Disney+.

62490

I'll pretty much try any trend in the name of fashion. Even if I'm not particularly intrigued by something, I'll try it anyway just to say I did. Athleisure was the exception to that rule for me.

I was never the type of person to feel comfortable in wearing leggings as pants (Blair Waldorf famously hated the idea pre-athleisure trend). I'll wear leggings and a sweatshirt to a workout class, but I'll change out of it as soon as physically possible. Sports bras were only meant for workouts — never to be paired with biker shorts, denim jacket, and brunch.

I haven't yet fully jumped on the bandwagon, but I'd call myself athleisure-curious. While I'm not wearing a sports bra and leggings on a picnic, I'll occasionally wear them when I'm at running errands or sitting at home and just want to be comfortable.

As I find myself getting more and more curious about the trend, I'm looking for fun, unique brands to support. Within the Black community in particular is a multitude of artists who aren't just making your standard gym essentials — they're making age-old pieces fun and vibrant with bold prints, colors, and even unique fabrics.

You'll want to support each and every one of them, whether you're just following them on Instagram, or buying your way through their entire collection.

Odyssey may earn a portion of purchases made via links on this page.