How Syllabus Week at Bing is Different From the Rest of the Year

Get sylly.

82

Coming back to Binghamton after an abnormally long winter break, we all want to do things better than we did last semester. The first week of classes is the infamous syllabus week, where we have this idea in our minds that the professors won't be teaching even though most jump right into chapter one of the textbook on the first day.

Besides getting off on the wrong foot academically, most students at Binghamton want to try to get into good habits for spring semester. However, a lot of the things we do are unrealistic to keep up for 5 months.

These are some things that Binghamton students do during syllabus week that for the most part they won't be doing for the rest of the semester.

1. Downtown on a Sunday night.

During syllabus week, every day is Saturday.

2. Eating healthy

"NO NOWL THIS SEMESTER!!" - a lie told by every student at Binghamton during syllabus week.

3. Going to the gym

New semester, new FIT me! But it's only a matter of time until we once again accept our lack of being in shape in order to focus on the insane amounts of work we get.

4. Netflix. Lots and lots of Netflix.

Yeah, it definitely takes some time to adjust from watching Netflix 24/7 over break.

5. Going to the marketplace for food.

I lived on almost no food toward the end of the semester because I was a #brokecollegestudent. But we back and I got a fresh meal plan to spend on REAL FOOD :)

6. Having conversations with new "friends" and then never talking to them again.

*avoids eye contact with them in the next lecture so you don't have to sit with them*

7. Looking good for class.

8. Keeping your dorm clean.

9. Walking to those classes in the West Gym.

At least, the first week of classes we try to be #fit and walk to the West Gym even though its 100000 miles away. Then we realize that there's a shuttle and we are lazy. WHO EVEN PUTS CLASSES IN THE WEST GYM?

Syllabus week at Binghamton is by far the most fun week of the semester. We all make memories that are way more exciting than the months to come. Before we know it, we will be back to cramming in Bartle for hours and stuffing our faces with dining hall food.