Best Binge-Worthy Shows

Best Binge-Worthy Shows

To social distance with pt 1

39
Best Binge-Worthy Shows

With the state of the world right now it's really important that we all do our best to practice social distancing and stay home. With that in mind, it makes sense that things we love to do or watch may be impacted because of the virus. So one easy way to practice social distancing that is definitely acceptable is binge-watching the best shows. With this, one might ask, well what are some good shows to binge-watch? Well, that's where I come in. Here is a list of all the best and most binge-worthy shows I could find. So sit down, turn your TV on, get comfortable and prepare to spend your entire day in front of the TV.

Bones

This is my number one favorite TV show of all time!! Bones follows the adventures of F.B.I. Special Agent Seeley Booth and Dr. Temperance Brennan (Bones). I followed this show from the day it aired to the day it ended. I not only fell in love with the show, but I fell in love with all the characters too. Every episode was an adventure and if I could pick one show to rewatch for the first time, it would be this show. This show can have a lot of gore so it's not for the faint of heart or those who are squeamish.

Check it out now on Amazon Prime

Castle

This was one of my favorite shows to watch with my mom. Nathan Fillion is a treat to watch no matter the show. Richard Castle is a popular crime author. Looking for some inspiration for his book Castle, he ends up stumbling into a partnership with officer Kate Beckett (Stana Katic). Together, they form an unstoppable crime-fighting duo. One is a writer, and the other a cop. Like many partnerships on screen, their love-hate relationship eventually develops into a love relationship. Castle is the trifecta of Comedy, Crime and Drama.

Check it out now for purchase on Amazon Prime

Supernatural

If you haven't heard of this show, what have you been doing? "Saving people and Hunting things is the Family business" for brothers Sam and Dean Winchester as they search for their missing father, and in the process end up following in their father's footsteps hunting down evil supernatural creatures. I can't tell you how many times I've seen this show. From the moment I watched the first episode I was hooked!! With 14 seasons there's plenty to watch, and if you've already seen it just pick a random season and go from there. I will be so sad when season 15 and the series is over.

Check it out now on Netflix or the CW

Teen Wolf

This is one of my fav TV shows of all time. Teen Wolf revolves around Scott McCall as he not only has to navigate high-school life but he has to do it as a werewolf. I remember I would always make sure to be in front of the TV when it came on. Every season was spectacular and full of mystery and supernatural lore. The dynamic between Scott and Stiles is so unique and in the end, they always have each other's back. There are so many good quotes but when Scott gets grounded by his mom and she takes away Stiles visitation as punishment is absolute gold!

Check it out now on MTV or Amazon Prime

Hawaii Five-O

This show is a reboot from the 1968 series. The story follows Steve McGarret after he returns home to Hawaii to track down his father's killer. Joining him is detective Danny "Danno" Williams and a slew of others along the way. Together they form an elite team of cops who aren't bound by normal rules or red tape. The dynamic between Danny and Steve is what has kept the show going for 10 seasons. You can feel the emotion and passion put into the series with every episode. This show perfectly balances the line between action/drama and comedy.

Check it out now on CBS All Access subscription through Amazon Prime

Criminal Minds

With 15 seasons to choose from, there's no shortage of episodes to watch. Follow the members of the BAU as they track down and profile some of the most twisted minds on earth. If you can handle the horror and gore, then no doubt you'll love Criminal Minds. I can't tell you how many times I've rewatched this show so it's perfect for when you're stuck indoors to keep you occupied.

Check it out now on Netflix or buy on Amazon Prime

Hannibal 

Based on the book and movie Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal is a modern twist on what it means to be a cannibal. This show is full of twists and turns at every corner. It is also an amazing piece of cinematic art from the opening to the ending - every episode appeals to every sense. It's a dark psychological show that will drag you down the rabbit hole into the macabre. The chemistry between Will and Hannibal is astounding, and their dynamic is always changing and evolving. If I had to summarize this show in two words they would be "hauntingly beautiful."

Catch it now on Amazon Prime

Pysch

Shawn Spencer is your resident Psychic helping the Santa Barbara police department solve crime along with his "sidekick" (Felicia Fancybottom) Burton Guster. The truth is he just has a keen eye for detail much to his displeasure thanks to his dad's lessons as a child. This show is a ball of laughs and every season saw more hijinks and mischief than ever before.

Check it out now on Amazon Prime

This Is Us

Where to even begin with this show. This show is so moving and deep. If you need a good cry fest, this is your show. The story follows a unique set of characters as their paths cross and lives become intertwined. The opening statement pretty much defines the show before you even know it.

"This is a fact: According to Wikipedia, the average human being shared his or her birthday with over 18 million other human beings. There Is no evidence that sharing the same birthday creates any type of behavioral link between those people. If there is.... Wikipedia hasn't discovered it for Us yet."

This Is Us is a raw, sometimes heartbreaking, story that will have you coming back for more with every jaw-dropping reveal. This is one of the best stories out there.

Catch it out now on NBC

9-1-1

This is the show that inspired the successful spin-off! If you've seen Lone Star, I'm assuming you've seen this so I won't go into to much detail. Get a firsthand look at the fast-paced lives of the brave first responders who put their lives on the line for us. The story is great and so are the characters. I really love this show.

Catch it now on ABC

9-1-1 Lone Star

Set as a spin-off to the acclaimed 9-1-1 show, 9-1-1 Lone Star focuses on Owen Strand (Rob Lowe), the lone survivor of his firehouse after 9/11. After a tragic accident befalls firehouse 126 in Austin, TX, Owen is invited to rebuild and run the firehouse which he initially turns down; but after an incident involving his son, Owen accepts the offer and brings some of his New York style to Austin. Even though this show has only one season, it is so worth it. This show has such a diverse cast and every character is given such a well fleshed out storyline. It's an action-packed drama you are sure to love. If you like 9-1-1, then you are sure to love this show.

Check it out now on FoxNow

Station 19

Station 19 is pretty similar to 9-1-1, it just focuses a lot more on the drama than the actual action, but it's still worth watching. If you are a fan of Grey's Anatomy, then you'll be happy to know this is set in the same city, and there are frequent crossovers. Be warned that just like Grey's, you will be in for heartbreak if you watch.

Catch it now on ABC

Lucifer

This show was an instant hit when it aired, and thankfully Netflix saved it after Fox so rudely dropped it. Lucifer, as its name suggests, is all about Lucifer Morningstar, aka the Devil, who took a vacation from hell and decided to open up a club called Lux in LA. He ends up teaming up with a local detective, Chloe Decker, and together they solve crimes. Lucifer is a wild ride from start to finish. This is sort of set in the Arrowverse, so keep that in mind.

Catch it now on Netflix

Prison Break

This show will have you on your toes and your brain working at full capacity. Michael Scofield is determined to save his brother from death row after a political conspiracy leaves him locked up in prison. The only way to do it is to break him out from the inside, so Michael makes it his mission to get himself thrown in jail and then break his brother out, and maybe some other criminals along the way.

Hart of Dixie

Young doctor Zoey Hart seems to have it all after graduating top of her class in med school, and sets out to become a cardiothoracic surgeon. However, when a mysterious man (Harley Wilkes) comes to wish her well and offers her an internship at his practice in the small town of Bluebell, Alabama, things in her life take an unexpected turn. When she travels to Bluebell seeking out Harley and the internship, she arrives to find out he had passed away and left half his practice to her. From there, Zoey has to navigate small-town life, relationships and discovering the truth behind why the practice was left to her. Hart of Dixie is such a charming little show. This is one of those feel-good shows that you can watch over and over again.

Check it out now on Netflix

The Bold Type

If you're looking for a show with ultimate Girl Power, this is the show for you. The show is centered around three best friends: Jane, Sutton, and Kat, who work for a global fashion magazine known as Scarlet. Join them as they navigate their crazy lives in the Big Apple. This show is full of laughs and cries, and everything in between. This show tackles so many important issues in a way that fully develops them using humor in the best way. The character progression is absolutely amazing. Each character has their own flaws and beliefs that are explored without tearing down others.

Check it out now on FreeForm

Harley Quinn

This show is wacky, zany and all-around fun. This show is off the rails insane and funny. The show centers around Harley Quinn as she breaks out on her own and tries to become the number one villain in Gotham. If you are looking for a much-needed laugh, this is the show for you.

Check it out now on DCUniverse

Baby Daddy

This show is just some feel-good fun. Ben is a 20-year-old bartender who is loving the bachelor's life; that is until an ex-girlfriend leaves a baby on his doorstep. This show is so much fun to watch, and if you need something fun to get your mind off stuff, this is the show for you.

Check it out now on FreeForm

Gargoyles

This is an oldie but a goodie. Gargoyles is centered around Goliath and his clan of gargoyles who are sworn to defend a medieval castle in ancient Scotland. During this time, the inhabitants of the castle are fighting a battle against their enemies. After Goliath and his con are betrayed by one of their own, they are nearly destroyed and cursed to sleep for 1000 years until they are discovered by a police officer named Elise Maza. I remember catching reruns of this show late at night, and I always found it super cool and interesting. Now that I'm older, I still enjoy watching it, but there are some things that can seem a bit cheesy. Overall, it's a pretty interesting concept and I really enjoy the show.

Check it out now on Disney+

Well, there it is! Hopefully, things won't last enough you end up watching all of these shows. Stay safe and stay home.