7 Shows To Binge Watch To Get Through Quarantine

A complete list of Netflix series to keep you on the edge of your seat... and not dreading quarantine.

25
https://unsplash.com/photos/ol-mW87J14Q

Stuck at home? Tired of rewatching the same few Netflix series over and over again? Never fear. Look to this list for fairly new releases on Netflix to make your days stuck in quarantine far less mundane:

1. “Love is Blind"

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/netflix-love-is-blind-social-media

We start our list off with the one genre that never seems to disappoint. Reality is one of the few genres that allows you to live vicariously through other people's crazy lives without having to leave the comfort of your bed. Usually, reality shows may be a little mind-numbing; but these two series are sure to keep you on your toes. The first is "Love is Blind." This series takes you through the journeys of single people as they test out first-hand if love is truly blind. Could you marry someone without ever having seen them? This show is a roller coaster of drama. I watched the entire series in 2 days.

2. "Cheer"

https://www.womenshealthmag.com/life/a30552170/cheer-netflix-season-2/

The second series, one filled with countless ups and downs, is named "Cheer." This series follows the Navarro College's competitive cheer team as they work towards winning the national title. Beyond the inspiring determination of the team itself, the show explores individuals team members and their pasts; demonstrating the true grit and tenacity the team has. While I have not seen this show yet, it is certainly next on my list of binge-worthy series.

3."Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness"

https://www.thereviewgeek.com/tigerking-s1review/

Along with reality series, Netflix has tons of docuseries that will keep you pressing "next episode" until Netflix wonders if you're still awake. Yes, I am still awake Netflix, I just haven't found motivation to leave my bed for far too long. The first series on this list is my current Netflix obsession: "Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness." This series follows the eccentric lives of exotic animal zoo owners across America. If you thought just the process of owning, breeding, and selling exotic animals, such as big cats and crocodiles, was crazy enough; the show also explores the clashing dynamic between these owners and animal rights activists. The series is filled with twists and turns, betryal, and murder.

4. "Murder Mountain"

https://techcrunch.com/2019/03/11/original-content-murder-mountain/

Another riveting series filled with crime and scandal is "Murder Mountain." This series investigates the marijuana business in Humboldt County, California. "Murder Mountain" shows both the legal and illegal sides of growing marijuana; a buissness that the show proves is more complex than one may think. From murder mysterys to police invasions; the series is packed with entertainment.

5. "Jane the Virgin"

https://heatworld.com/entertainment/tv-movies/jane-the-virgin-series-overview/

While there is already a load of drama packed in each of the previous reality series and docuseries, a good ol' drama never disappoints. The first drama that will surely suck you in is "Jane the Virgin." The show, which airs more on the comedic side of drama, is centered around the life of the adult virgin named Jane Villenueva. From artificial inseminations, to long lost fathers being found, and husbands coming back from the dead; there is not one plot twist you can think of that will not be in this series. The series is laced with hints of a telenovela, lightening the dramatic plot. This show is 5 seasons of absolute entertainment.

6. "Good Girls"

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/good-girls-season-2-netflix-release-schedule-2020/

If you are looking for a drama on the darker side, "Good Girls" will do the trick. "Good Girls" revolves around the lives of three suburbian moms. On a quest to take back control of their lives and financial security, they plan a heist. The show develops as they get sucked deeper and deeper into crime. The show is rivetingly dark and provocative, filled with plot twists.

7. “New Girl" and "Schitts Creek"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ha1EDV1r34

So far this list has been packed with a lot of emotionally dark and dramatic shows. If you are looking for something light and funny both "New Girl" and "Schitts Creek" are perfect. "New Girl," which now has 7 seasons on Netflix, is a quirky, light-hearted comedy filled with unique characters. The show is about the ups and downs of the award and bubbly Jess and her group of friends/roommates. Another humourous series is "Schitts Creek." This show is about the Rose family who, after losing their fortune, is forced to move into a run-down motel in Schitt's Creek; a town they originally bought as a joke. The show develops as the loud, extravagant family navigates their new living situation, and all of the unique characters that come along with it. These shows are an absolute must if you are looking for a good laugh.

I hope that by the end of this list you have found at least one new series to give a try. Happy quarantine-ing!