8 Reasons Why Older Brothers Will Always Be The Greatest
Siblings

8 Reasons Big Brothers Are Actually The Best, No Matter What Those With Sisters Say

They're actually the greatest.

290
siblings
Katy Dulany

Some days you'll want to kill them, but more often than not they're some of the best people in your life. Here are 8 reasons that big brothers are the greatest.

1. They'll Fight For You 

You might fight with them regularly and nobody can get on your nerves quite like they can, but in the end, they're the ones who will go hurt anybody who has hurt you (or at least offer to).

2. You Can Wear Their Clothes 

Growing up I always wanted to have a sister to share clothes with, but then I realized the comfort and awesomeness of oversized big t-shirts and baggy basketball shorts.

3. If you're lucky, they'll play Sing It with you

I also thought I wanted a sister to play games with and do girly things with, but I was blessed with older brothers who would tolerate me and sing Camp Rock with me and do Troy and Gabriella duets with me.

4. They'll Always See You as Their Baby Sister 

It doesn't matter how old you get or how mature you are, when you all get together you file into rank and you will always be the baby sister. Which no matter how much you might say it annoys you, you deep down really love.

5. You Can Learn From Their Mistakes 

Being the youngest, I got to watch my two brothers before me make mistakes and learn from them. I saw what I didn't want to do in high school, I learned the in's and out's of the college application process, and I learned what stuff Mom and Dad didn't need to know.

6. If You Get In a Fight, You Can Typically Place the Blame on Them 

It doesn't matter if you really started it, when mom gets involved you can play the baby sister card. Not only are they older than you but they're bigger and stronger than you and should know better. My brothers can attest that I learned this trick early on.

7. They'll Teach You How to Be Friends With Boys 

The older I got the more I realized how I loved my friendships with boys and almost found it easier to be friends with boys. Brothers teach you how guys think (which is as terrifying as it sounds) and how to get along with them, And truly, I am so grateful that I grew up with boys and have seen it all.

8. They'll Be Your Best Friends 

Big brothers are easy to complain about and can get on your nerves like nobody else but they also love you like nobody else. I'm so grateful for my older brothers that always protect me, know what to say when I'm down and can make me laugh anytime. They know me better than anyone else (and sometimes use that against you) but I can seriously say I wouldn't want to do life any other way and am so happy to call them two of my best friends!