Elizabeth Warren May Be Our New Vice President

On Wednesday, April 15, Senator Elizabeth Warren publicly endorsed Former Vice President Joe Biden for President of the United States. Biden pledged over a month ago to "pick a woman to be my vice president". With much speculation over who is being considered, Warren was asked directly by Rachel Maddow on MSNBC if she would accept the position if asked. Just a second had passed when Warren affirmed a confident "yes" to the notion.

Elizabeth Warren and Joe Biden have had a complex history dating back much farther than the 2020 Democratic Presidential race. Since 1998, they have clashed -- particularly on a series of bankruptcy reform bills. See, Warren has spent her career fighting for American families and holding big banks accountable. From proposing and establishing the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) in 2010 to sponsoring the Veterans Care Financial Protection Act of 2017, the Senator from Massachusetts has accomplished substantial work in the financial sector well before entering Congress. That being said, the two politicians have crossed paths on several occasions. (Biden was even there when she was sworn into the United States Senate.)

Moreover, Warren proved her resilience time and time again throughout the 2020 Democratic Presidential race. Many people were -- and still are -- moved by her fighting words. Her campaign gained extensive support as she battled fellow candidates that had questionable motives... *cough* *cough* Michael Bloomberg. So for that, I commend Warren and the progressive ideas she has brought to the conversation, like her Two-Cent and Corruption plans!

All in all, Elizabeth Warren has created a platform on progressive ideals that appeal to various minded people. With her unifying rhetoric, she would make quite an exceptional running mate. Not only has she proven her abilities to take on this sort of position, but she also appeals to voters on-the-line with Joe Biden's candidacy. Furthermore, Biden has already endorsed Warren's bankruptcy plan that includes closing loopholes that allow the wealthy creditors to abuse the system at the expense of everyone else and helping address shameful racial and gender disparities that plague the bankruptcy system entirely. The possibility of the Senator being appointed as VP has brought relief to many as the progressive movement strives on. As Senator Warren said best, "We both want the same thing. We want this country to work, and we want it to work for everyone." At the end of the day, unification is what will truly benefit us all.