20 Bible Verses For The Exhausted And Weary

Cast all your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7

9639
www.freeimages.com

Life is crazy!!!!! I know this, you know this, we all know this. The only thing more precious and rare than a happy little toddler is sleep, one of which prevents the other.

I have reached the point of crazy to where no amount of sleep makes me feel rested and no amount of coffee makes my “cup runneth over” if you know what I’m saying.

However, as a follower of Christ, my main source of rest shouldn’t be sleep, it should be Jesus. And He is teaching me this. Which one is actually going to soothe my entire being, an extra thirty minutes of sleep, or sweet time with The King of the universe?

Take heart and know that He is strong so you don’t have to be, and it is okay to feel weak and deflated. God never gets tired and He never tires of restoring your soul. It’s okay to rest. Even Jesus slept in scripture, during a wild thunderstorm, no less.

Maybe that is when it is the most critical that we rest with Jesus. During the biggest storms.

But don’t take my word for it, take His.

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Matthew 11:28-29

I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint. Jeremiah 31:25

He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.” Isaiah 40:29

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26

For who is God besides The Lord? And who is the Rock except our God? It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure. Psalm 18:31-32

Yes, my soul, find rest in God, my hope comes from Him. Psalm 62:5
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” Psalm 46:10

The Lord replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” Exodus 33:14

To this end I strenuously contend with all the energy Christ so powerfully works in me. Colossians 1:29

Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees. Make level paths for your feet, so that the lame may not be disabled, but rather healed. Hebrews 12:12-13

In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety. Psalm 4:8

You are my place of quiet retreat, I wait for Your Word to renew me. Psalm 119:114

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 2 Corinthians 4:16

Yes, brother, may I have joy from you in the Lord; refresh my heart in Christ. Philemon 1:20

But those who wait for The Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not grow faint. Isaiah 40:31

And let us not grow weary in doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith. Galatians 6:9-10

The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18

Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:16

If you can’t find peace or rest anywhere, turn to Jesus.