12 Bible Verses When You Are Having Trouble Forgiving

forgive: to stop feeling angry or resentful towards someone for an offense, flaw, or mistake.

Forgiving is one of those things people don't do very often, but we should. We fail our heavenly Father daily, but He forgives us.

1. Ephesians 4:32

"Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you."

You can't expect forgiveness and you don't give it.

2. Colossians 3:13

"Make allowance for each other's faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others."

3. Matthew 6:14

"If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you."

4. Matthew 6:15

"But if you refuse to forgive others, your Father will not forgive your sins."

5. Matthew 18:21

"Then Peter came to him and asked, "Lord how often should I forgive someone who sins against me? Seven times?"

EVERY TIME

6. 1 John 1:9

"But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness."

7. Matthew 26: 28

"for this is my blood, which confirms the covenant between God and his people. It is poured out as a sacrifice to forgive the sins of many."

8. Psalms 130:4

"But you offer forgiveness, that we might learn to fear you."

9. Luke 17:4

"Even if that person wrongs you seven times a day and each time turns again and asks forgiveness, you must forgive."

10. Luke 1:77 

"You will tell his people how to find salvation through forgiveness of their sins."

11. Mark 11:25

"But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins, too."

12. Luke 11: 4

"and forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us. And don't let us yield to temptation."