Bible Verses To Get You Through Finals

Bible Verses To Get You Through Finals

The Christian college student struggle is real

51
Bible Verses To Get You Through Finals
BC Student Impact

As the semester comes to a close, we know that it can be overwhelming, and we can become easily disheartened and give up. Even with all that faith, the Christian college student struggle is still very real. It's hard to keep our head in the game, but let's not forget that Christ is the masterful umpire and is always on our team. And by "team" I mean "finals week." To help lessen the Christian struggle, here are a few verses to help you stay strong until the very last final.

1. You placed my foot on their necks. I have destroyed all who hated me. - Psalm 18:40

The next time someone tries to stand in between you and success (boyfriend, girlfriend, professor, a test...), just tell them you're going to stomp all the haters' throats in the name of Jesus.

2. The Lord will fight for you. You need only be still. - Exodus 14:14

Sometimes we obsess way too much over things we have no control over. When will we ever learn we can't fight our battles alone? This verse even tells us sometimes we don't need to do anything except to stop worrying and let God take the reigns.

3. In your strength I can crush any army; with my God I can scale any wall. - Psalm 18:29

Don't forget that just because we are weak doesn't mean God doesn't give us the strength to do amazing things! When we trust Jesus, we'll always be "pitch perfect."

4. Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. - Matthew 11:28

Sometimes all we need is a prayer break and like just needs a little more bearable.Even if it's as simple as "Lord, give me the strength to no scream during this exam." and "Lord, help me to not smack the person that keeps clicking their pen. Please. Please."

5. That's why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong. - II Corinthians 12:10

Christ is always telling us it's O.K. to not be O.K. In the verse before, he says our weaknesses make God look even stronger, and that we should boast about our failures and shortcomings so we can show others that God is everything we are not, and can handle things we can't. So don't sweat over a bad grade. You're not perfect and God doesn't expect you to be.

6. I can do all thing through Christ who strengthens me - Philippians 4:13

Don't be like Spongebob. You don't have to carry your responsibilities alone. Christ will gladly take one of those teddy bears off your hands, he'll take both if you only ask!

7.Don't worry about anything: Instead pray about everything - Philippians 4:6

8. Cast all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you - 1 Peter 5:7

How you'll feel after you've given everything over to Christ to handle.

9. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do no be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go - Joshua 1:9

10. Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men - Colossians 3:23

11. The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous man runs into it and is safe. - Proverbs 18:10

Seek refuge in the lord. He will never abandon you.

12. It is finished John 19:30

Photo credit: Daniel Vessles

While finals may not be over yet, but in the end it is finished. There is not point in stressing out about something that is so temporary.

In the end, finals week is a storm of late night coffee, study sessions, writing papers and trying not to cry the entire time. But with God at for forefront of our lives, we have nothing to stress, worry or be fearful of. The lord is our shepherd, and we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us.

All GIFs are courtesy of giphy.com and photos from the "YouVersion" Bible app.