10 Bible Verses Every College Student Can Stand On

10 Scriptures Every College Student Can Stand On

"I'll show up and take care of you as I promised and bring you back home. I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for." Jeremiah 29:11

469

It's easy to read scriptures over and over again but never know how to apply them directly to your life. College is a time full of highs and lows. Whether you forgot to turn in that online assignment or your trying to find rest amongst your busy schedule, it's good to have scriptures like these memorized or written down so you have something to fall back on in your moments of panic.

1. “Don't panic. I'm with you. There's no need to fear for I'm your God. I'll give you strength. I'll help you. I'll hold you steady, keep a firm grip on you.” Isaiah 41:10

One of my favorite things to do with scriptures is highlighting the verbs, this way we can clearly see what God is saying he'll do. Give, help, hold, keep. This is why we must stay in a personal relationship with God, because he wants to personally help us, hold us, keep us and give out of his abundance! We have no reason to panic when we know we are taken care of by our father.

2. “I’ll show up and take care of you as I promised and bring you back home. I know what I’m doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.” Jeremiah 29:11

When God makes a promise it can never be broken. Which means it doesn't matter how hard your situation is, God is going to show up and take care of it just as he said he would. Now this might not be in your ideal timing, but as you pray this scripture over you remember his timing is always better. Wait on Jesus and he will show up and show off every time.

3. “That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” 2 Corinthians 12:10

I once heard someone say "The end of ourselves is the beginning of Him." I hate when I come to the end of my rope. I feel like a failure, but what we need to realize is when we run out of strength God replaces it with his own. His strength is constant and unending, that's why we delight in our weakness. When our mediocre efforts are all done, His excellence comes to our rescue and fixes things better than we ever could! Fully believing this verse will help calm any anxiety and fear you might have this semester.

4. “Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don’t try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way.” James 1:2-4

"So don't try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way." If you're wondering why you're stuck dealing with the same issue over and over again, it may be because God wants you to still learn something from the struggle. He is squeezing ALL of the juice out of the lemon because he wants you to get the most you can out of every experience. So instead of getting frustrated about why you are still in a rough patch, lean in and ask God to show you what He is trying to do.

5. “For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.” 2 Timothy 1:7

Now that you're out on your own, the discipline of your parents is basically gone. It's important to really live this scripture because God has given us the same power, love and discipline over ourselves. He will guide you step by step through this new season of discipline if you lean into what He is saying.

6. “Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.” Philippians 4:6

It's crazy how many prayers can change your mindset. When I have anxiety deep breaths, worship music and simple prayers will carry me through. It doesn't have to be anything elaborate, some of my most powerful prayers have simply been "Jesus help me, I need you at this moment." Exactly what this scripture says is true. I know because I have experienced it and I hope you can use it now too.

7. “Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don’t get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.” Matthew 6:34

8. “So be content with who you are, and don’t put on airs. God’s strong hand is on you; he’ll promote you at the right time. Live carefree before God; he is most careful with you.” 1 Peter 5:7

A great scripture to cast out any comparison. It's easy to sit on Instagram instead of studying and wonder why your life isn't as adventurous and beautiful as Rebecca's. Or maybe hate that person who got the job you thought you had in the bag. Brand this verse in your heart: "Live carefree before God." He is in control of your life. HE will tell you when the time is and when it isn't, not you, and definitely not Rebecca.

9. “For God is not a God of disorder but of peace—as in all the congregations of the Lord’s people.” 1 Corinthians 14:33

10. “Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.” 1 Corinthians 9:24

This one is my favorite. My first year of college I had a deep-rooted battle with the comparison. I was constantly trying to keep up with everyone around me, I wanted to have just as many friends and opportunities as everyone else. I realized how much pressure I was putting on myself to be someone I'm not just to win the social and academic races. My mom gave me this scripture and it really saved me from all the stress. We are not meant to look to the left or the right, to see who is ahead of us or behind. God has called us to our own specific finish line, a future prize that is tailor-made for our desires. All we are called to do is run straight to the prize. When we do that, we love others rather than compete against them.