16 Bible Verses For Those Who Are In Need Of Encouragement

We can find peace and love in God through prayer and diving into His Word.
171

We are human. God placed us here for a reason - each individual life has a purpose. But, we are human. We feel emotions in both mild and extreme ways. We face circumstances that tear us down and strip us of our happiness; we face people who do the same. We can be our own worst enemies and degrade ourselves in every way possible. Regardless of what the situation is, God did not intend for us to suffer. We can find peace and love in Him through prayer and diving into His Word. There are so many Bible verses that comfort the soul, but here are a few of my favorites.

1. Deuteronomy 31:8

"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”

2. Joshua 1:9

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”

3. Psalm 37:23-24

"The Lord makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him; though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand."

4. Psalm 55:22

"Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken."

5. Proverbs 3:5-6

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight."

6. Isaiah 40:31

". . . but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

7. Jeremiah 29:11

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"

8. Nahum 1:7

"The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him."

8. Matthew 19:26

“But Jesus looked at them and said to them, ‘With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.’"

9. Luke 12:6-7

"Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."

10. John 14:27

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

11. Romans 8:31

"What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?"

12. Romans 8:38-39

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

13. 2 Corinthians 4:17

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

14. Philippians 4:6-7

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

15. James 1:2-4

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faithproduces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."

16. 1 Peter 5:6-7

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."