Bible Verses For Encouragement

Here Are 20 Bible Verses To Get You Through A Long Week

Sometimes we just need a little divine intervention.

560
crosswalk.com

Sometimes you just come home, sit down, and put your head in your hands. That's all you can do after a hard day at work or a long day of classes and you wonder, "How am I going to get through this week?" Life weighs on us and sometimes it is hard to pull through the week as joyful or courageous as we first started. When I am feeling like this I find that the best cure to a tired mind and body is a spiritual renewal with the Word of God! Below are some of my favorite Bible verses to get me through a particularly wearisome week.

1. Isaiah 40:28

picdn.net

"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall, but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

2. Lamentations 3:21-23

pixabay.com

"Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."

3. Deuteronomy 31:6

thorncrownjournal.com

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."

4. Proverbs 3:5-6

amazonaws.com

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths."

5. Psalm 31:24

bigthink.com

"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the LORD!"

6. Psalm 118:14-16

christianitytoday.com

"The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. Glad songs of salvation are in the tents of the righteous: 'The right hand of the LORD does valiantly, the right hand of the LORD exalts, the right hand of the LORD does valiantly!'"

7. Philippians 4:19

Girl at the cross https://pixabay.com/en/woman-mood-cross-windows-reflect-1245788/

"And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus."

8. Ephesians 3:20-21

c1.staticflickr.com

"Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen."

9. Philippians 4:6-7

squarespace.com

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

10. James 1:2-4

gosmallbiz.com

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."

11. Romans 8:31

huffpost.com

"If God is for us, who can ever be against us?"

12. Psalm 119:105

"Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path." (my personal favorite verse!)

13. Psalms 46:1

mannaexpressonline.com

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble."

14. Psalm 121:1-2

cnn.com

"I lift up my eyes to the mountains—where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth."

15. Isaiah 41:10

amazonaws.com

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

16. Luke 11:9-10

hdwallpapersbuzz.com

"So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened."

17. John 14:27

cloudfront.net

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

18. Philippians 4:8

d2v9y0dukr6mq2.cloudfront.net

"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."

19. 2 Corinthians 4:8-9

buckykennedyministries.org

"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed."

20. Colossians 3:15

123rf.com

"Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful."

When you are doubting your willpower to pull through the next days or weeks, reflect on these verses and the promises they provide! Or whip out your Bible and find strength through whatever way God may speak to you through the Word. Have a blessed day!