13 Bible Verses For Times Of Change & Transition

Change is hard, but you don't have to do it alone.

277196
@wander_pip | Instagram

In times of change and transitions, it’s easy to lose direction or to feel overwhelmed with uncertainty. These are thirteen bible verses that are good in any situation but particularly great for those times when you need a little extra guidance and encouragement.

1. Jeremiah 29:11 “‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’”

2. Joshua 1:9 “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

3. Deuteronomy 31:8 “The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”

4. Proverbs 3: 5-6 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.”

5. Psalm 32:8 “I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.”

6. Malachai 3:6 “I the Lord do not change. So you, the descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed.”

7. 2 Peter 3:9 “The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.”

8. Hebrews 13:8 “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.”

9. Isaiah 43:19 “See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.”

10. James 1:17 “Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.”

11. Psalm 18:2 “The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.”

12. Romans 12:1-2 “Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.”

13. Philippians 4:6-8 “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

Take each verse a keep it close to your heart. They will give you courage to continue forward because God is with you every step of the way. The verses remind you that God doesn’t forget you and will light your path and guide you when you’re uncertain. He takes your worries and fears away. The future is not so scary with God by your side.