Bible Verses For Engaged Couples

10 Bible Quotes For The Engaged Couple That Can't Wait To Say 'I Do'

Make some room for Jesus in your head that's full of wedding bells.

1068

Getting engaged is one of the most exciting experiences in a person's life. The whole world finally has more of an understanding of how deep and unconditional your love is for each other. After all, you have officially promised to spend the rest of eternity with that special person!

For many Christians, getting engaged is also a time for the couple to seek religious guidance.

Here are 10 Bible quotes that any couple anxious to say "I Do" should read.

2 Corinthians 4:18

"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

1 Corinthians 13: 4-5

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs."

Isaiah 62:5

"As a young man marries a young woman, so will your Builder marry you; as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over you."

Matthew 19:6

"What God has joined together let no man put asunder."

Romans 12:9-10

"Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in love. Honour one another above yourselves."

Proverbs 31:10-11

"An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels. The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain."

John 15:12

"My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you."

Mark 10:7-8

"For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh. So they are no longer two, but one flesh."

Proverbs 18:22

"He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favour from the Lord."

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up."

Congratulations on your engagement, and remember to keep God close by for every step of the way.