10 Better Uses For The Money Spent On The Super Bowl Commercials

Something to think about.

1426

I love watching football just as much as the next guy, but why do the commercials have to cost so freaking much? The Street reported that Pepsi spent $4.5 million for a 30-second segment. Syracuse.com compiled a list of costs from the first Super Bowl to now. 2017 averaged at $5.5 million. Yes, I understand that this is the most important game of the season. If over the top commercials are absolutely necessary for whatever reason, why not create them at a lower cost? Why not chill out on the hype of each commercial?

What if each year instead of fancy commercials the money that would've been spent was given back to an organization? Some representatives of each organization could work with a company to create an informative, low-cost commercial showing the world what good has been done with the money. The organization would get amazing exposure and potentially get those watching motivated to join the organization to make a change. Just a thought.

For the purposes of this post, I will be basing my numbers off an average of $5 million per commercial.

1. Rescue 5,000 women and girls from sex-trafficking in India/Asia

Free For Life International can rescue one girl from an Indian/Asian sex-trafficking brothel for $1,000.

3. Build 625 wells in Africa to provide clean drinking water

Water Wells For Africa can build and install a well and, "provide the village with hygiene and sanitation training. The training is essential for the well to continue functioning, and without hygienic practices, clean water is much less effective at reducing health issues because people are still exposing themselves to disease." The total cost of this production is $8,000.

4. Provide 333,333 meals for at-risk children in Haiti

myLIFEspeaks can provide 5 meals a week for $15 to an at-risk child in Haiti.

5. Provide a one year Children's Scholarship Fund to 2,778 children

Children's Scholarship Fund works to, "expand educational opportunity by providing scholarships to families in need so children can attend the K-8 schools that are the best fit, regardless of their ability to pay or where they live. We also support scholarship programs and policy reform efforts nationwide that help all children get the education they deserve."

6. Provide 200,000 cleft palate surgeries to children in need

For $25, Healing the Children can perform $675 worth of medical care to a child in need of cleft palate surgery. $75 provides $2,025 worth of medical care for cleft palates or other surgeries.

7. Raise and train 1,428 future Service Dogs

NEADS can raise and train a future Service Dog for $3,500. These Service Dogs can then be given to those with physical disabilities or to veterans in need.

8. Help 5,000 survivors of sexual assault break their lease and move out of the apartment where they were raped

Victim Rights Law Center's mission is to, "provide legal representation to victims of rape and sexual assault to help rebuild their lives; and to promote a national movement committed to seeking justice for every rape and sexual assault victim."

9. Send math competition supplies to 142,857 schools

MathCounts, "provides engaging math programs to US middle school students of all ability levels to build confidence and improve attitudes about math and problem-solving." For $35 MathCounts can send supplies to a school to allow children to compete and build their confidence in math and allow them to excel in school.

10. Provide 83,333 bone marrow and blood stem swab kits to those willing to save a life

Gift Of Life is, "one of the nation's public bone marrow and blood stem cell registries." Their database allows those in need of bone marrow or blood stem cells to find their perfect match easily.