The Bests and the Worsts of Trump's First Year In Office

Hard to believe it's been a year....
4557

After about a year of our new president, there is definitely much to be said. There have been highs, and there have been lows (in my opinion, quite a few more), but we are ultimately all still here a year later; this is truly an accomplishment.

Best Moments

1. Calling attention to the integrity of the media

With many fabricated news stories coming out throughout the election cycle and then afterward, it is important to maintain journalistic integrity because this is a vehicle to the truth. Trump has done a good job of bringing this to the forefront of the public mind and reminding us to question everything that we read.

2. Trying to work with Democrats

As America has become more and more polarized lately, it is genuinely positive that he has made SOME effort to bridge the gap and work together.

3. Lowered unemployment

Unemployment is at a 17-year low, and the market is growing. This is part of the natural cycle of the economy, but still -- we need to give him one.

4. Made it easier for military veterans to access therapy

Because we all know they need it after these unnecessary wars.

5. Counterterrorism

Trump has killed militants in Afghanistan without hurting any other civilians.

6. Got us out of school Monday!

Yeah, I felt that traffic from the presidential motorcade here for the CFP Championship...

Worst Moments

1. Like, every tweet.

Uh... has someone told him that the president of the United States of America shouldn't be insulting other countries?

2. Pulled out of the Paris Agreement

Our environment... sustainability... we are now the only country that hasn't signed it.

3. Attempted to ban Muslims from entering the country

This has contributed wildly to stereotyping and Islamophobia within the U.S. We cannot blindly feed prejudice like this and then also claim democracy has a place here.

4. Response to certain internal terrorist attacks

Charlottesville deserved condemnation. So did the Vegas attack. Especially given how vocal Trump was when it came to Islamic terror.

5. Approved the Keystone Pipeline

...and then it spilled. We claim to care about Native Americans and their heritage, yet we blatantly ignored it and built the pipeline anyway. Then it did exactly what everyone feared and contaminated the earth.

6. Kept that haircut...

With that much money, he could get whatever hair he really wanted...