To The Bestie I Didn't Know I Needed

To The Bestie I Didn't Know I Needed

Now that I have you I can't imagine life without you.

11
Two women looking over the city

They say some people are in your life for a reason, while others are just for a season, and I'm already coming up with endless reasons so you never leave.

I know the reason why our paths crossed, but I don't think I've ever told you.

The summer before you came into my life I suffered the worst kind of breakup, one with a best friend.

Distance, resentment and an argument on a drunken night were all it took to end a friendship that was going on 10 years.

We weren't healthy for each other and I knew that, but she was my family when I needed it most and I felt too indebted to make a change until, suddenly, I had no other choice.

When the house that was our sisterhood went up in flames I was heartbroken and scared. I truly didn't know how I was going to go on and who I was going to lean on.

She was the person I shared absolutely everything with, and I didn't think I would ever find a friendship like that again, and then I met you.

I came back to school after an endless summer of pretending I was okay and the universe brought me to you.

You showed me the light without even knowing I was in the dark.

You are the person I want to call always. Whether I've had the best day or the absolute worst, you are who I want to talk to and hang out with, and not just because I feel like I don't have anyone else.

Our friendship has given me clarity. It has made me realize how toxic my previous one was, even though from the outside it looked perfect.

Our friendship made me realize that I deserve better than what I had and it allowed me to stop blaming myself.

There aren't enough words to tell you how much you mean to me.

In you, I found trust, happiness and true sisterhood.

Because of you, I feel good about myself, and I can't confidently say I've ever felt that before.

You have given me the confidence to chase after my dreams with everything I have.

With you, I know I'm never alone.

You'll be with me on my wedding day and you'll be apart of my children's lives.

They say you find your best friends in college, and they're right.

Thank you for being my person, I don't know what I did to deserve you.