Best Winter Clothing: a Gifting Guide

Best Winter Clothing: a Gifting Guide

93
Best Winter Clothing: a Gifting Guide

When the days are shorter and cold weather is creeping in, most of us don't want to go outside. But, winter can be a lovely season to spend time outdoors if you have the right clothing to keep warm.

Winter clothing makes great gifts for those closest to you. If you are not sure which winter clothing to buy as gifts for the winter holiday season, look at our winter clothing gift guide that will keep the whole family warm and stylish.

A Snood

A snood is a combination of a hood and a scarf. They come in different materials for different needs - like running, hiking, or wearing them around your neck to stay warm. A recycled polyester snood will be lighter and can be used as a face covering, while a snood with a fleece lining will provide warmth even in the coldest weather.

Snoods come in different colours and can add a beautiful pop of colour to a neutral winter coat. You even get custom snood designs - like snoods that express love for a certain sports team or activity. Club Snoods have plenty of excellent snood holiday gift ideas.

A Winter Coat

Coats are at the top of clothing necessities in the winter. Buying a coat can be a bit of a challenge if you do not know the style preferences of your friends or family, but even so, most people will appreciate a water-resistant or wind-resistant coat or jacket.

If you have an eye for fashion, why not get a full-length parka coat or a beautiful trench coat? It is best to opt for neutral colours so that the recipient can decide how to wear and style them.

A Cashmere Wool Sweater

Cashmere is timeless and is a must-have to keep warm in winter. Cashmere sweaters can be worn with almost everything and are a snug base layer under any coat. If your loved ones don't enjoy layering, they can wear it by themselves and pair it with some jeans or winter skirts and stockings.

Comfortable Winter Boots

Gifting shoes can be tricky, but a pair of comfortable, flat-heeled boots is a great idea if you know their shoe size. Winter boots come in various colours, but neutral colours will work best with most winter looks.

Look for a pair of boots that will keep their feet warm, grip wet surfaces, and support the feet if they have to stand for long periods.

Snuggly Warm Socks

As kids, we may have groaned at unwrapping a pair of socks at Christmas or when it was our birthday, but most adults will agree that winter socks are excellent gifts. A pair of thick wool socks will protect your feet from cold weather and can make a pair of rain boots feel a lot more comfier.

Look for organic cotton socks or thick wool socks for the ultimate warmth.

Neutral Gloves

Gloves are crucial to protect hands and fingers from the chill. Gloves come in all the colours of the rainbow and can be made from natural materials like wool, leather, suede, or synthetic fibres like velvet or polyester.

Everyone will love receiving a pair of soft winter gloves.

A Warm Hat

Winter hats are more than just woollen beanies. There are so many different winter hats out there - although, in terms of gifting, a beanie is always a solid choice.

Consider buying a fedora, cloche, wide-brimmed felt hat or beret for the fashionistas.

A Statement Scarf

Like snoods, scarves are worn to keep our necks warm and compliment an outfit by adding colour and texture. A lightweight cotton scarf with patterns or prints is great to snazz up a drab winter jacket, while a thick wool scarf will be more functional to keep away the chill of snow.

Wellington Boots

A pair of wellies is a must if you and your loved ones live in an area with plenty of rain and sleet. Waterproof boots will not only keep you dry but can also keep you warm if lined with fleece or another insulating material.

Rain boots are available in every colour, pattern or print you can imagine, so why not get a fun pair for the person you love?

A White Long-Sleeved T-Shirt

Perhaps not the most glamorous of gifts - but a plain or thermal t-shirt with long sleeves is a crucial component of base layers during winter. They can be worn under jerseys, jackets, or coats and will provide warmth because they fit tight against your body.

For people who get extra cold during winter, look for a brushed interior thermal tee to provide extra heat on the coldest days.

Final Thoughts

There are so many winter clothing options available to gift to friends and family this winter season. You cannot go wrong by following our winter clothing gift guide and finding a comfortable, warm gift for the people you love.