10 Best Commercials From Super Bowl 53

10 Best Commercials From Super Bowl 53

Missed the game? Don't worry, here are the pop culture highlights.

56
10 Best Commercials From Super Bowl 53

If you aren't really much of a football fan, the commercials and the half time show is it on Super Bowl Sunday. If you missed the game, or really the commercials, these were some of the highs and lows of the night, and some small talk topics about the best commercials from Super Bowl 2019.

Audi (e-tron) - Cashew

I found a near-death experience to be a strange concept for a Super Bowl commercial, and I also found it even weirder how little they featured the actual car in the ad. When I found out that the e-tron was just a concept car things started to make a little more sense.

bubly - Michael Bublé vs. bubly

This joke was witty and cute. Nothing raunchy or racy here folks. I even laughed when Michael Bublé was sitting on the floor with a Sharpie at the end.

T-Mobile x Lyft - Lyft Is Here For You

I also found this concept to be a little dark for a commercial. With mental health being taken so seriously over the last year I could imagine that this commercial would be controversial to some people. This gave me some serious second-hand embarrassment too. The concept for this commercial originally came from a Twitter meme from about a year ago. I was happy to hear that T-Mobile got permission to use the joke from the user.

Hennessy - Major

This commercial was done beautifully and held my attention for the whole time. Even so, at the end I couldn't help but to think "that ad was for Hennessy?"

Scientology - Curiosity

I can't say that I've ever seen a commercial for a Church before, especially during the Super Bowl, so this definitely caught my attention. When I looked back, it seems like they've been running Super Bowl ads for years. The ad was also beautifully directed and I could definitely see it sparking some Google searches.

Microsoft (Xbox) - We All Win

Microsoft definitely went for the heartwarming route this year. I found this ad to be really sweet and empowering (might have even teared up). Really a great job to Microsoft for not only making the commercial, but also making an adaptive controller.

Game of Thrones x Bud Light - For The Throne

I'm not really a GoT fan so this commercial went a little over my head. I'm sure that if you do like Game of Thrones thought, that this was totally up your alley.

Devour - Frozen Food Porn

Something about this commercial just gave me the heebie-jeebies, although I'm sure many people found it hilarious. Not to mention I did't find that the food looked appealing at all, especially when placed next to the home cooked meal his wife had made.

Amazon (Alexa) - Not Everything Makes The Cut

I had seen a shorter version of this commercial before the Super Bowl aired and thought it was meh. I found the full length version to be pretty funny, totally got a laugh out of me.

Michelob Ultra - The Pure Experience

I HATE it when people do ASMR and don't understand what they're doing. This just seemed like more of a fetish than ASMR which just made it uncomfy to watch. It certainly drew everyone's attention to the screen if that's what they were going for.