The Absolute Best Smash Ultimate Characters

5 Most Anticipated Characters In Smash Ultimate

Smash Ultimate is about the smash the internet.

107
https://youtu.be/XgoRng_0kdQ

At this point most people involved in the gaming community have seen and - like myself - were extremely impressed with how freaking amazingSmash Ultimate is starting to look. With its roster consisting of every previous fighter from the original games, and some new and exciting looking faces, that brings the total number of playable characters in the game to a whopping 73! Add in the more than 100 stages and mouths are beginning to water! Here are the top five most anticipated characters to be featured in Smash Ultimate.

5. Ganondorf

https://youtu.be/Q7pzoLQlrsM

With the big green man getting a visual change, move changes, and a bit of a speed boost from his previous form in Smash 4, I'm happy to see Gannon evolve into his own character, rather than leaning more towards a Captain Falcon clone, as he did in past editions. While he still shares moves with Captain Falcon, they switched out his smash attacks, exchanging the normal kicks and elbows for much more satisfying sword cleaves that cover a much wider radius.

4. Pokemon Trainer

https://youtu.be/dYpf9FoPN_M

Pokemon Trainer was one of my favorite characters in Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Now, going into Smash Ultimate and seeing the changes they got made me very excited to give it a try. The removal of fatigue when switching Pokemon allows for all three fighters to be juggled as much as the player wants, giving them an expansive move set to master and change up on their opponents. Having access to small, medium, and heavyweight fighters all together opens up near endless possibilities in battle.

3. Wolf

https://youtu.be/YLG2LGY95f4

I was extremely happy when I saw that Wolf had made it back into Smash, being my favorite character in Brawl and getting a new visual design, on top of some updates to his moves makes Wolf my most anticipated returning fighter. The animation update from Brawl to Ultimate was shocking to me, seeing how clean it looks to fight with him. Unlike the prior characters on this list Wolf has not been shown in an actual fight, so judging his new moves is left up to speculation.

2. Simon

https://youtu.be/RY7WL-n1atg

The inclusion of a Castlevania character in smash is something I didn't see coming at all. When he was released and the trailer Nintendo provided made the release even more exciting. Simon's moves have more range than any other character and this was an interesting addition, as well as him having his classic Castlevania arsenal (including whip, holy water, cross, and axe.) Like most characters in Smash Ultimate, Simon has a gorgeous in-game model and beautiful animations. The inclusion of his echo fighter Richter made me hopeful for a ton of new echo fighters leading up to the official release

1. King K. Rool

https://youtu.be/pKcXgSV8PTE

This was a character people have been begging for forever, and finally their prayers have been answered! Despite not playing many of the Donkey Kong games over the years, King K. Rool took my number one spot after the amazing cinematic release followed by a unique set of skills that made his gameplay look just as entertaining and fun as the release video. Making him the first heavyweight character in the game to have a counter ability and a blunderbuss he can fire other characters out of is only the start to a potentially great fight that I have no doubt will be extremely fun to play.