the best movie songs

Sometimes the best part of a movie is, you guessed it, the soundtrack! If there are a few bumpin' songs in a movie, I am 102% more likely to enjoy it! When I think of great movie songs, I always think of these. Just as everytime I hear these songs, I think of the corresponding movies!

1. "I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston

"The Bodyguard" came out in 1992, and this song is the 10th best selling single of the 1990's by estimated sales of over 1.3 million dollars.

2. "Hooked On A Feeling" by Blue Suede

"Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 1" has one of the best soundtracks in movie history filled with classic songs from the 1970's. These songs featured on the soundtrack, "Awesome Mix Vol. 1" are all apart of the storyline in their own unique way.

3. "You're The One That I Want" by Olivia Newton John and John Travolta

Ooh, ooh, ooh, honey. "Grease" continues to be one of the best musicals, ever.

4. "This Is Me" by Keala Settle and The Greatest Showman Ensemble

"The Greatest Showman" took my breath away when I saw it in theaters, (three times in theaters to be exact). This song has always resonated with me and it truly tells such an important message.

5. "You'll Be In My Heart" by Phil Collins

Phil Collins did NOT have to go that hard on the "Tarzan" soundtrack, but he did, and I am forever grateful for that.

6. "My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion

"Titanic" continues to tug on our heartstrings, even though it's been out for over twenty years! This song won an Academy Award for Best Original Song, as well as a Grammy Award for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance.

7. "When Doves Cry" by Prince

1984 was a legendary year for Prince, as "Purple Rain" hit theaters and made over 70 million dollars in the box office. This soundtrack is nothing short of excellence.

8. "Mamma Mia!" by Meryl Streep

Alright, "Mamma Mia!" is legendary contender in the movie soundtrack category. It was hard to pick just one!

9. "Circle of Life" by Carmen Twillie and Lebo M.

Don't even tell me that you don't get chills at the beginning of "The Lion King". Now, I might not exactly know all of the words, but seriously, SUCH A CLASSIC.

10. "Star Wars (Main Theme)" by John Williams and the London Symphony Orchestra

I tried not to add many "theme" songs from movies on this list, as the list would be never-ending! But this one was too good to pass up. Chills, always.

11. "Ghostbusters" by Ray Parker Jr.

Who ya gonna call?

12. "Eye Of The Tiger" by Survivor

The ultimate pump up song for athletes everywhere.

13. "Don't You (Forget About Me)" by Simple Minds

Hey, hey, hey, hey!

14. "I've Had The Time Of My Life" by Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes

"Dirty Dancing" is my mom's all-time favorite movie, so it goes without saying that I've heard this song more times than I can even remember

15. "Lose Yourself" by Eminem

in 2002, "8 Mile" launched into theaters everywhere, and it wasn't short after that Eminem walked away with an Academy Award for Best Original Song.

Now, of course, this list could go on forever if we were talking about great movie themes/soundtracks altogether. Honorable mentions for today include the Back To The Future Main Titles, as well as the Harry Potter prologue. I am a firm believer that having great music in your movie can perfect it, as some of my favorite movies are on this list!