17 Iconic Moments From Every Marvel Film Leading Up To 'Infinity War'

From the streets of Brooklyn to the tunnels of Wakanda, Marvel fans have seen it all.

251
Marvel Studios / Instagram

With the upcoming release of "Infinity War" on April 27th, fans of all types are scrambling to rewatch all of the previous films before this one hits theaters. Over the past decade, Marvel has released 17 films (18 if you include "The Incredible Hulk") in what is referred to as the "modern MCU" (Marvel Cinematic Universe), and this includes everything from the first "Iron Man" film in 2008 all the way through their most recent release, "Black Panther." Marvel is known for having tons of quality one-liners and monologues throughout their shows and movies, and in celebration of the upcoming end to an era, here are a few of the most iconic moments from the past ten years.

1. Iron Man (2008)

"The truth is... I am Iron Man." - Tony Stark

The man, the myth, the legend--he's the one who started it all. Kind of, if you consider the fact that Captain America was still a frozen "capsicle" at the time.

2. Iron Man 2 (2010)

"I told you. I don't want to join your super-secret boy band." -Tony Stark

Oh, Tony. I imagine you wish you'd stuck to this considering where you are now.

3. Thor (2011)

Jane: "I only met him today..."

Darcy: "...after she hit him with her car."

Jane: "I only grazed him, she tased him!"

Darcy: "Yes, I did."

Darcy is easily the greatest character in this entire movie considering all of her quirky comments.

4. Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)

"Whatever happens tomorrow, you must promise me one thing. That you will stay who you are. Not a perfect soldier, but a good man." - Dr. Erskine

Dr. Erskine deserved so much more than he got, but he did well in choosing Steve. I personally would have loved to see more of him and Howard Stark working together.

5. The Avengers (2012)

Hey, look — it's the "super-secret boy band" that Tony didn't want to join. Ten points to Nick Fury for getting this crew together. Also, can we just discuss when the fandom flat out refused to accept the death of a minor character, and Marvel had to give Phil Coulson a television show to satisfy fans?

6. Iron Man 3 (2013)

Aldrich Killian: "You really didn't deserve her, Tony. It's a pity, I was so close to having her perfect."

Tony: "You're right, I don't deserve her. Here's where you're wrong: she was already perfect."

YES, TONY. YOU TELL HIM.

7. Thor: The Dark World (2013)

When the scene is so good that you forget it's actually Chris Evans pretending to be Loki pretending to be Captain America, you know you've become too invested in these films.

8. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)

This speech was honestly one of the best parts of the movie. Don't try to convince me otherwise.

9. Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

Peter, honey, what are you doing? OK, but this was an absolutely golden part of the movie.

10. Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)

Tony: "But how do we cope with something like that?"

Steve: "Together."

Tony: "We'll lose."

Steve: "We do that together too."

In the first "Avengers" film, we saw a lot of struggle in the team finding balance with each other. This simple statement from Steve shows just how far they've come as a family.

11. Ant-Man (2015)

"I was at a wine tasting with my cousin, Ernesto..."

I would personally like Marvel to drop a video of Luis recapping the past ten years prior to "Infinity War" coming out.

12. Captain America: Civil War (2016)

"Sorry, Tony. You know I wouldn't do this if I had any other choice."

This, ladies and gentlemen, is when everyone's hearts broke.

13. Doctor Strange (2016)

Kaecilius: "You will die protecting this world... mister?

Stephen Strange: "Doctor."

Kaecilius:"Mister Doctor?"

Stephen Strange: "It's... Strange."

Kaecilius : "Maybe, who am I to judge?"

The man didn't go to medical school for nothing. Just let him have his well-earned title, Doctor Strange.

14. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)

"He may have been your father, boy, but he wasn't your daddy. " -Yondu

This dude is kind of a total jerk, but he does have a point. He's the one who raised Peter, not the psycho guy who is actually Peter's dad.

15. Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)

"Don't do anything I would do, and don't do anything I wouldn't do."

It's not every day that Tony Stark basically takes someone in as his child.

16. Thor: Ragnarok (2017)

In hindsight, we probably should have guessed that Odin's never been 'father of the year' and has a crazy daughter to match.

17. Black Panther (2018)

"The real question is, what are THOSE?"

Shuri is SUCH a relatable character when it comes to her sassy sense of humor. Then, you add in the fact that she's a technological genius? How could anyone not love her?

If you haven't yet seen the trailers for "Infinity War," you 100% should watch them right now and get ready for what will definitely be one for the books.

Who's ready to go cry in a theater with me as our favorites are (probably) killed-off?