The Best Lyrics From Every Track On TSwift's Album 'Lover'

Any diehard Swiftie knows that most of Taylor's best lyrics lived in the "Red" - "1989" era, but with "Lover," it's clear that her lyrical talent is alive and well. I've curated the most chilling, romantic, entertaining, and all-around iconic lyrics off of the ever awaited album, "Lover."

45

1. I Forgot That You Existed

This song has some of that classic Taylor sass that we all know and love, but the best lyrics in this song have to be:

"Your name on my lips, tongue-tied, free rent livin' in my mind."

2. Cruel Summer

I think we can all agree that this bop has everything Taylor is known for. From bone-chilling lyrics to a dance-worthy beat, the only thing cruel about this track is how soon it ends. There's no way to choose the best lyric in this song, so here's three:

"So cut the headlights, summer's a knife, I'm always waiting for you just to cut to the bone. Devils roll the dice, angels roll their eyes. And if I bleed, you'll be the last to know."

"And I snuck in through the garden gate every night that summer just to seal my fate. And I scream, for whatever it's worth, I love you, ain't that the worst thing you ever heard?"

And the finale of that bridge that had everyone reeling:

"He looks up grinning like a devil."

3. Lover

It seems as though Taylor has discovered everyone single possible way to say "I love you" with this song, and we're more than here for it, we're in love with it. Here are the lyrics that will either make you feel super loved or super lonely:

"And I'm highly suspicious that everyone who sees you wants you. I've loved you three summers now, honey, but I want 'em all."

"With every guitar string scar on my hand, I take this magnetic force of a man to be my lover. My heart's been borrowed and yours has been blue, all's well that ends well to end up with you. Swear to be overdramatic and true to my lover, and you'll save all your dirtiest jokes for me, and at every table, I'll save you a seat, lover."

4. The Man

We all know how much needed this song was, and if you weren't a feminist before you heard it, well you sure became one after. It's so hard to pick the most empowering lyrics on this track, but this is as close as it gets:

"What I was wearing, if I was rude could all be separated from my good ideas and power moves."

"'Cause if I was a man, then I'd be the man, I'd be the man."

5. The Archer

As always, track number five does not disappoint, on the contrary, it's freakin' magical. The never-ending eloquence in this song made choosing the top lyrics an impossible battle, nevertheless, here they are:

"'Cause cruelty wins in the movies. I've got a hundred thrown-out speeches I almost said to you. Easy they come, easy they go, I jump from the train, I ride off alone. I never grew up, it's getting so old, help me hold on to you."

"I wake in the night, I pace like a ghost, the room is on fire, invisible smoke, and all of my heroes die all alone."

"All the king's horses, all the king's men couldn't put me together again, 'cause all of my enemies started out friends."

Is this the whole song? Almost. But seriously, if this song doesn't give you serious chills then you aren't actually listening.

6. I Think He Knows

Talk about a bop! Taylor took everything great about pop music and put it right here into this track. The perfect balance between lyrics that intrigue and rhythms that slap. The bridge in this song leaves no room for competition:

"Lyrical smile, indigo eyes, hand on my thigh, we could follow the sparks, I'll drive."

Can I call back seat?

7. Miss Americana And The Heartbreak Prince

Anyone else get some Halsey vibes from this one? Maybe it's just me, but this husky, lust-filled, high school anecdote has got a serious story to tell; and we all know what a good storyteller Taylor is, here are the most captivating lyrics of this track:

"American glory faded before me, now I'm feeling hopeless, ripped up my prom dress. Running through rose thorns, I saw the scoreboard and ran for my life."

"The whole school is rolling fake dice. You play stupid games, you win stupid prizes."

"We're so sad, we paint the town blue, voted most likely to run away with you."

If this were my high school experience, I'd want to run away too, T.

8. Paper Rings

On a lighter note, how happy does this song make you?! With some Red vibes and some seriously romantical lyrics, this song has got to be one of the most uplifting on the album. Are you sure I can't just put the whole song in here for best lyrics? No? Well, then how about the chorus:

"Kiss me once 'cause you know I had a long night, kiss me twice 'cause it's gonna be alright, three times 'cause I waited my whole life 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4! I like shiny things, but I'd marry you with paper rings, uh-huh, that's right, darling, you're the one I want. And I hate accidents except when we went from friends to this, uh-huh, that's right. Darling, you're the one I want in paper rings, in picture frames, in dirty dreams, oh, you're the one I want."

9. Cornelia Street

Does anyone else feel like Taylor is basically just reading us her diary on this track? It's so personal and pretty and all the things we love about Taylor's music. These are the nail-biting lyrics from this song:

"We were a fresh page on the desk, filling in the blanks as we go as if the street lights pointed in an arrowhead leading us home."

"And baby, I get mystified by how this city screams your name."

"Barefoot in the kitchen, sacred new beginnings that became my religion, listen."

Talk about chills.

10. Death By A Thousand Cuts

Taylor really simplified the heartbreak complex in this one. Lyrics that demonstrate simplicity with outstandingly powerful connotations, feeling some serious "Speak Now" and "Reputation" vibes with this track. Here's one particularly effectual phrase:

"And what once was ours is no one's now. I see you everywhere, the only thing we share is this small town. You said it was a great love, one for the ages. But if the story's over, why am I still writing pages?"

But, really, the whole song is compelling. Pay special attention to the second verse, its much deserved.

11. London Boy

One of the best things about Taylors music is how whimsical and downright fun it can be. This track definitely shows off her more playful songwriting abilities, while also playing a joke on the rumors and judgmental press she's gotten about what kind of boys she's dated. Really the whole song is a blast, but heres one specifically entertaining lyric:

"They say home is where the heart is, but God, I love the English."

12. Soon You'll Get Better

Knowing the intimate and personal meaning behind this song, it's no wonder Taylor sings it so naturally. The bells and whistles are all stripped away on this track and because of that, you can hear her natural talent plain as day. This lyric had to of hit the hardest:

"I'll paint the kitchen neon, I'll brighten up the sky. I know I'll never get it, there's not a day that I won't try. And I say to you... Soon, you'll get better."

13. False God

Okay, this track calls for three words: Get. A. Room. Such a steamy and sacrilegious song, the best lyrics in this one are without a doubt:

"We might just get away with it, the altar is my hips. Even if it's a false god, we'd still worship this love."

Excuse me, I'll just be over here swooning.

14. You Need To Calm Down

If there's an award for the poppiest political song, this track should win it. Taylor tackles a real issue and gets us dancing with this song, and we couldn't be more grateful. The best lyrics:

"Snakes and stones never broke my bones."

"Shade never made anybody less gay."

15. Afterglow

This song and its lyrical genius truly came by surprise. It has that magical Taylor Swift touch that only true Swifties can sense, can you feel it? Especially in these lyrics:

"Fighting with a true love is boxing with no gloves, chemistry 'til it blows up, 'til there's no us."

"This ultraviolet morning light below tells me this love is worth the fight."

16. ME!

We all know this song will go down in music history as one of Taylors most listened to singles, but as far as picking out a single lyric from this bop-tastic track, I'm gonna keep it short. Here's my favorite lyric from ME!:

"'Cause one of these things is not like the others, livin' in winter, I am your summer. Baby doll, when it comes to a lover, I promise that you'll never find another like ME!"

17. It's Nice To Have A Friend

This is one of those songs that shakes your hand, and swallows you whole. What seems like a simple song with sweet lyrics becomes captivating. Even if you only listen to the song once, you know there's enchantment within it. This track is a mystical story, but this one phrase does it a great deal of justice:

"Light pink sky, up on the roof, sun sinks down, no curfew. 20 questions, we tell the truth. You've been stressed out lately, yeah, me too. Something gave you the nerve to touch my hand, it's nice to have a friend."

18. Daylight

The finale of Lover had big shoes to fill, but I deeply believe this track exceeded expectations. This lyrical masterpiece does an extraordinary job of tying up the album with the perfect little bow. I think Taylor sums it up beautifully:

"I once believed love would be burning red, but it's golden like daylight, like daylight."