11 Restaurants To Try Out in Lexington This Week

From quick and cheap, to nice and classy — Lex has it all.

128
Unsplash

One of the best parts of living in Lexington is the food. There are so many hidden good places to eat on and off campus, that I wanted to compile a list of my personal favorites.

These have all contributed to my freshman-fifteen and continually add to my sophomore-twenty. Enjoy!

1. Pasta Garage

Underrated and on the rise. They make their noodles from scratch, so it might take a little longer but it is worth the wait. I always get the chicken parmesan and have never been disappointed.

2. Kentucky Native Cafe

This one is good for all of my Instagrammers out there. Located off East Maxwell, it’s a short walk from campus. This Café features a beautiful greenhouse and garden and offers a variety of different pastries, coffees, beer, wine, and salads.

3. Local Taco

This is definitely one of the most popular restaurants among students for its close proximity to campus, and for good reason. There are so many different tacos to choose from, and you can’t go there without getting their queso.

4. Joe Bologna's

Joe B’s is a crowd pleaser with its massive breadsticks and pasta portions. Fun fact: This used to be a Jewish Temple!

5. Blue Sushi Sake Grill

This is a new, fun restaurant at the Summit. Perfect for your next date night, this one is a little more upscale.

6. Shakespeare's and Co

This quirky little restaurant has the best brunch in Lexington, hands down. If breakfast isn’t your thing, there’s a very wide variety of really good pub food too.

7. Saul Good Restaurant and Pub

If you’re hungry for a burger, head to Saul Good. A lot of really great options to choose from here too, but you can’t go wrong with one their burgers.

8. Tolly-Ho

Nothing beats a hangover quite like Tolly-Ho. With their all-day breakfast at an extremely reasonable price, it’s no wonder that this has been a staple of college kids at UK for generations.

9. LockBox

Located inside 21C Museum, this one is for any art-lovers out there. With good, Kentucky-style southern food, and a unique venue, you should give this one a try when you’re looking for an adventure.

10. Stella's Kentucky Deli

For those looking for a light lunch, this is the perfect place for you. The combination of the historic location in downtown Lexington and the selection of soups, sandwiches, salads, and burgers easily earns its place on this list. Try the Hot Brown, and you’ll know what I mean!

11. The Press

There's plenty of healthy options on the menu in here. Grab a smoothie and a burrito bowl in here, and you'll feel full without feeling overstuffed.