20 Best Emo Songs Of Your Childhood

20 Songs That Every Person Who Never Really Left Their Emo Phase Still Knows Every Word To

There are two types of people in this world: those who went through an emo phase and those who are lying.

257

There are two types of people in this world: those who went through an emo phase and those who are lying. As for some of us, that phase never really fully left, at least not when it comes to the music. Let's face it, emo and punk rock music had some serious jams, and I know damn well that every true emo kid knows these top 20 songs:

1. "I Write Sins Not Tragedies" by Panic! At The Disco

Forever my favorite pump-up jam, I don't care what you say.

2. "Situations" - Escape The Fate

3. "The Black Parade" - My Chemical Romance

The emo kid national anthem.

4. "Face Down" - The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

Arguably, their second best song behind "Your Guardian Angel."

5. "Ohio Is For Lovers" - Hawthorne Heights

6. "The Curse Of Curves" - Cute Is What We Aim For

"AND THIS JUST IN / YOU'RE A DEAD FIT / BUT MY WIT / WON'T ALLOW IT!!!!!!!!"

7. "MakeDamnSure" - Taking Back Sunday

8. "Check Yes, Juliet" - We The Kings

Still better than the original "Romeo And Juliet." Sorry, Shakespeare.

9. "Misery Business" - Paramore

10. "With Me" - Sum 41

Never forget that they had this song in "Gossip Girl" when Chuck and Blair did the do.

11. "Miserable At Best" - Mayday Parade

Flash forward to me at 18, finally seeing them in person and sobbing like the sucker that I am when this song played.

12. "Scars" - Papa Roach

13. "The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows" - Brand New

14. "All Over You" - The Spill Canvas

15. "I Miss You" - Blink 182

Dare you not to sing along.

16. "Don't Trust Me" - 3OH!3

Wait, what do I tell my boyfriend if he says he's got beef?

17. "Sugar, We're Goin' Down" - Fall Out Boy

18. "Transatlanticism" - Death Cab For Cutie

19. "Tears Don't Fall" - Bullet For My Valentine

20. "Mr. Brightside" - The Killers

I will never not scream along to this. This song is my PRIME.