The 5 Best Local Coffee Shops In Gainesville

The 5 Best Local Coffee Shops In Gainesville That Will Fuel Your Coffee Needs

Whether your preference is tea or coffee, these local shops will satisfy any of your energy needs.

354
http://www.moreinmidtown.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/During-11.jpg

As a college student, I'm usually drained of energy. The problem is that I need energy to complete all the day's assignments and a quiet place to sit down and do them. In my search for the perfect cup of coffee and study spot, I've been to many of Gainesville's local shops. From tea to coffee to pastries, these shops offer more than a 'pick me up' after a long day of class - a place to relax, study and even hang out with friends. No matter where you go on this list, you'll be impressed with both their drink selection and their warm atmosphere.

1. Volta Coffee, Tea & Chocolate

https://s3-media1.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/UaK7TENrnlaXJqr2g2BLNA/o.jpg

The perfect place to enjoy more unique and decadent tea blends and coffee beans. I've been to Volta a few times, I haven't tried their coffee before, but their teas and 'drinking chocolates' are the best. I always recommend the Volta Spiced White Chocolate, its the perfect blend of sweet and spicy.

2. Wyatt's Coffee

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/579a8460e3df288505f9a947/t/58052046ff7c50a4868f917d/1538073572129/

One of my favorite places to get a cup of coffee is Wyatt's. The atmosphere and decorations make for a warm, homey feel in the middle of Gainesville Downtown.

3. Opus Coffee

http://storage.cloversites.com/magnumwoodllc/site_images/page62_picture0_slide_1392852589.jpg

Whether you're finishing up a shift at UF Shands or visiting the off-campus location, Opus Coffee is the place to go. I love swinging by the station in the North Atrium of UF Shands and grabbing a maple iced coffee.

4. CYM Coffee Co.

https://swampcoffeeshops.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/img_2853.jpg

While this coffee shop is a little bit more of a drive from UF's main campus, it's definitely worth it. Seated near the Oaks Mall and a green market, CYM Coffee Co is a tranquil place to enjoy a cup of coffee. I usually spend a few hours here either studying or reading, usually sipping on a honey iced coffee.

5. Pascal's Coffeehouse

https://www.facebook.com/pascalscoffee/photos/open...

I had to save the best for last. My favorite coffee shop in Gainesville is Pascal's by far. I could have their Cuban espresso and guava pastries for the rest of my life. The staff is friendly and wonderful, and the shop itself is comfy and quiet. It's my go-to study spot as well as a great place to catch up with friends. It's seated across from UF's campus, making it a convenient study place.