17 Quotes From 'National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation' That Are A 2020 Mood

"I don't know what to say, but it's Christmas, and we're all in misery."

67241

We all know the holidays can be a very stressful time for, well, everyone. Trying to find the perfect gifts for your loved ones, picking out the best tree and trimming it to the nines. You have to hang all the stockings (with care) and wrap all the presents. Bake all the treats and yumminess for the entire family. And simply make sure everyone is having the "hap-hap-happiest Christmas."

My favorite Christmas movie is "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation," which is SO underrated compared with other Christmas movies, and the best quotes from the movie are too relatable this year. It's what every family feels and deals with during the holidays during normal times, even your snobby neighbors. Add Chevy Chase into the mix and you have one of the funniest Christmas movies of all time.

1. "Hey kids, look! A deer!"

As he flips off an obnoxious driver while trying to have a good ole family Christmas and find the perfect tree! I'm sure we all can relate to having to deal with crazy people during the holidays.

2. "Mom? This box is meowing."

Poor Aunt Bethany... A little too old to be wrapping Christmas presents, but still want to spread the Christmas cheer!

3. "If that thing had nine lives, she just spent 'em all."

Too bad the cat didn't make it much longer after being wrapped up in a box as a gift. HIde the electrical cords from your cats!

4. "Hallelujah! Holy sh*t! Where's the Tylenol?"

Oops! There's always at least one family outburst during the holidays. Buckle up!

5. "Surprised, Eddie? If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now."

Ever have a family member that just shows up unexpectedly? Or just does something completely out of pocket? Everyone has a Cousin Eddie.

6. "Worse?! How could things get any worse? Take a look around you, Ellen! We're at the threshold of hell!!"

And there's always a breaking point... Keep the eggnog stocked up. Maybe some tequila too. Yikes!

7. "Save the neck for me, Clark."

There's always someone that will eat absolutely anything... Enjoy the neck, Cousin Eddie!

8. "Oh, he's just yakkin' on a bone."

As tempting as their cute little faces are, never feed your dog at the table!

9. "Clark, Audrey's frozen from the waist down."

Oh, as fun as those winter adventures are... As Clark said, "That's all part of the experience."

10. "Well I'm gonna park the cars and get the luggage, and well, I'll be outside for the season."

POV: When everyone in your family arrives and you've suddenly realized what hell on Earth you have created. Gulp!

11. "Bend over and I'll show you."

Oh, and the neighborly wars begin! Let's hope yours don't break the windows, or, well, have a squirrel attack you!

12. "I hope nobody I know drives by and sees me standing in the yard staring at the house in my pajamas."

Oh, what fun it is to have a hormonal teenager in the house during the holidays. Appreciate the decorations, so a fuse doesn't blow!

13. "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Just as Aunt Bethany isn't reliable enough to wrap up Christmas gifts, she's not the best choice to say the blessing at dinner either.

14. "Fixed the newel post!"

Did your tree burn down and you had to cut one down out of your backyard? Well, make sure you carry around the chainsaw so you can fix other things around the house too!

15. "SQUIRREL!"

Yikes! Not to self, if your tree burns down, just go without the tree this year. Unless you want to chase a squirrel around your house!

16. "Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas! No! No!"

And when everything gets too much for the guests? Pack up and leave!

17. "I did it."

And as soon as the morning of the 26th comes around. You're finally done. And by the grace of God, everything can go back to normal.