Dear College Students, These 10 Black Friday Purchases Will Definitely Get You On Your Parents' Nice List This Christmas

They gave you the gift of life, it's the least you can do.

270

After Halloween, people are going to be searching for the best deals for the holidays. Waiting until Thanksgiving or Black Friday to decide what to purchase is dangerous. If you are a college student, now is the time to start looking for gifts for your parents. They are always thinking about you. Here are 10 Black Friday gift ideas that your parents will love.

1. Laptop

Whether your parents need to organize files for work or watch tutorials for a DIY project, this is an excellent idea for a gift. Remember to give them instructions on learning about new computer programs (remember, they completed school without Google) if they need help. Just look for any special discount tags, and take your pick.

2. Google Home

This is a gift that the whole family can enjoy. Once it is programmed, parents can ask questions on different topics, listen to their favorite playlists, and schedule morning routines. This is a fun gift that will make everybody's life a lot easier.

3. Half-zip or full-zip fleece jacket

Your mom or dad will definitely need a jacket for the winter. Hot chocolate or a fireplace (while good options) are still not enough. With the temperatures slowly getting colder, this is a gift that will keep them both warm and happy.

4. Ceramic ornament

This is a gift that your parents will love for Christmas. You can also try to get an ornament that is customizable so you can add their picture or a family photo. It will make a great addition to the tree, and they will appreciate the thought.

5. Ready For Anything pouch

This is a gift that your mom will love. She can put all her items in this pouch like a cell phone, keys, makeup kit, and credit cards. It is a simple yet thoughtful gift that she will definitely appreciate.

6. Photo blanket

Just like a glass ornament, you can personalize this gift with a photo. It can be used both indoors and outdoors for every season. Do not forget to have it decorated with a cool design.

7. Coffee mug

Parents need coffee when they wake up (just like college students need to check their messages) before they start their day. Make sure to get them one that will fit their personality. Something funny or customized with a quote should be good.

8. Adjustable cell phone stand

Everyone uses a phone, even parents. The only problem is leaving it in a spot where it can be easily knocked over. Give them this gift to provide a simple and efficient way to keep their iPhone or Smartphone in place so it can be charged without putting it at risk of damage.

9. Nest thermostat

This is an excellent gift for parents because it works with Alexa. The Nest adjusts the settings of the thermostat and it tracks logged temperatures. The Nest will turn off to save energy (thanks to Alexa), making it the perfect Christmas gift.

10. Fitbit

This is great for parents who enjoy working out and want to keep track of their progress in a fast and easy way. This gift can be adjusted and programmed by the user, and has many cool features like tracking exercise, water, calories, and weight. Parents that want to exercise but do not have time to go to the gym will really enjoy this gift.