I Asked 36 Young Adults To Share Their Best Life Advice Because Being An Adult Is Hard

I may have found some new words to live by along the way.

55632

I recently found myself reflecting on what advice I had received and offered while navigating young adulthood. I think the impact that a few wise words can have is immense, and so I thought that I would take to social media to find what words of wisdom have helped get everyone to where they are now, whether that be a point in school, life, their career, etc.

My hope is that this list of advice that I have compiled from beautiful, strong, and accomplished individuals can be of value to you in all the moments you find yourself lost and in need of some guidance.

Jake, 19

Thinking that you will only be able to do a little is a really bad reason to not do anything at all.

Claudia, 19

The Serenity Prayer — "To accept the things I cannot change; Courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference. Forever and ever in the next."

Simren, 17

"If you wouldn't ask someone for advice, why are you worried about their judgment and criticism?"

Rish, 19

Be a little stupid, be crazy in your dreams, and never settle.

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."

Lizzie, 17

One bad audition doesn't instantly make you bad, and a good one doesn't instantly make you good.

Lizzie learned this from her band director. I think that it applies to many aspects of life. One bad day doesn't make a bad life, or one bad act doesn't make you a bad person.

Tori, 19

Time heals everything.

Jada, 17 and Caitlin, 19

Everything happens for a reason.

Danny, 19

You can't reach your goal if you don't experience the pain of failure.

Maureen

"It's not what you know, it's who you know"

Jaya, 18

If it takes less than five minutes to do it…do it

Elena, 18

Try your best and forget the rest!

Bekah, 17

Why should they care about the way you look or act…as long as you aren't hurting anyone!

Ryan, 19

Don't live with regrets or it will only hold you back even more.

Erin, 21

In order to get, you have to give.

Sakshi, 20

Only efforts are in your hands, the results are not. It's all in His hands.

Evan, 18

Discipline is wisdom.

Annie, 19

Envision yourself to achieve your goals and dreams.

Sidra, 19

No matter how close you are to someone, you will never know what goes on inside their head.

Take care of each other, folks.

Jack, 23

No matter how much you think you know, you're probably wrong.

Mary, 20

"Don't let the man who owns Apple own you — every moment you tie yourself to your phone you give minutes or hours of your life to someone else instead of living it for yourself. Time adds up."

Carson, 20

"Don't chase the quaffle when you see the snitch"

Amanda, 20

Don't choose a career just for the money, do something that makes you happy and feels good.

Joesph, 18

Don't be an idiot.

Francesca, 20

Every moment is a choice, so you can change the course of your life in a moment.

Rish, 19

Everyone in their life has to work hard at some point, life forces you to work hard so you might as well do that sooner than later.

Cece, 18

This too shall pass

I, personally, try to remind myself and my friends of this as much as possible.

Mason, 20

You can't please everyone. There are going to be people that don't like you or what you do for whatever reason, and you just have to accept that.

Morgan, 19

Things happen for a reason, just learn from the ride.

Sam, 21

A coordinator of the LA Philharmonic told Sam to always cast her net wide, even when it seems out of reach. She says that having an open mind with it has provided so many opportunities since that moment!

Ryan, 22

Your network is your net worth.

Alisha, 20

Don't worry about what car you drive or what house you live in. Worry about experiencing life at the moment. Experience things that will advance you in kindness and as a human being.

Zack, 22

Never be afraid to fail. We remember Thomas Edison not for his many failures, but for his success with the lightbulb.

Ben, 19

Be where your feet are. Be present in the moment.

Emma, 20

You are loved and capable.

Emma says these few simple and true words changed her life.

Mary, 20

"You can't have glory both on earth and in heaven — do good now for glory later"