Best 11 Books for Cozy Fall Days

Best 11 Books for Cozy Fall Days

Check out these books to read on the cozy fall days ahead.

66
Best 11 Books for Cozy Fall Days

It's finally here! Fall weather is slowly creeping in, boots are coming out of the shadowy depths of the closet and the college football is dominantly trending on every social media outlet. It is fall y'all! When you aren't outside enjoying the crisp weather on a hike, picking apples or rooting for your favorite college football team, you might want to have some relaxing downtime indoors.

For those days when you don't feel like spending the energy to take off your pajamas, a good book and a cup of coffee or tea are essentials to maintain

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee - The Classic One

If you didn't read it in high school already, this is a classic book with humor, adventure and sweet life lessons. There is a reason why it is considered required reading. Also, fair warning, you'll fall in love with the characters and want to name one of your future pets or children after Scout or Atticus.

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling - The LOL One

This is hands down the funniest book I have ever read. Mindy Kaling is a brilliant writer and one of the most hilarious celebrities to have ever attempted to tackle the written word. Her wit and awkward childhood stories will have you literally laughing out loud.

The Help by Kathryn Stockett - The Feel Good One

This is one of the best modern-written depictions of the era of prejudice and despair for African American families in America's history. The characters come to life in this book and give you an amazing understanding through humor and fantastically written prose about overcoming prejudice in a small town in Mississippi.

Yes Please Amy Poehler - The Short Attention Span One

If you like the idea of sitting down to get cozy and read a book but your attention span will never allow you to, this book is for you! Amy Poehler shares life anecdotes and her success story in random spurts of stories and short chapters that are both clever and interesting.

Peter Pan by J.M Barrie- The Fairytale One

You have probably seen the Disney movie, but have you read the OG fairytale by J.M Barrie? This story recaptured my heart when I read it. It transported me to another place and gave me hope that all it takes is faith, trust and pixie dust.

Harry Potter by JK Rowling - The Best All Around. Ever. Always. No question.

Whether you have only seen the movies or read all the Harry Potter books multiple times, Harry Potter is always go-to when you want to relax and get your mind off the craziness of life. I am convinced every time I read them that I might be able to do my master's at Hogwarts if my letter will come in time.

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green - The Rainy Day One

If you're feeling a little blue or it is actually raining outside, this book is a good option to curl up by the fire with. It is a sad love story with a well-written message. It may make you cry, but you will be glad you read it.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen - The 1800s One

This book is a classic Jane Austen story that will make any girl refuse any boy who isn't the spitting image of Mr. Darcy himself. This love/hate story goes against all the odds of life in the 1800s, and the ending will put you on cloud nine.

The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien - The Better Than the Movie One

There is so much to be said about the legendary writings of J.R.R Tolkien, but if you just want a one-book commitment, The Hobbit is a great option! It is a fantasy adventure with lovable characters and the most creative storyline of any book series ever written. It is also 1000 times better than the movie, so please, for the love of all that is holy, do not watch the movie in your fall down time, READ THE BOOK!

Love Does by Bob Goff - The Christian One

If you are a lover of Jesus and want to grow closer to Him with a fun-loving and poignant book, this is the best option for you. The chapters are funny and sweet stories from the exciting life of Bob Goff, which are then tied to lessons about Jesus that will bless your socks off!

Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - The Suspenseful One

If these other book options aren't exciting enough for you and you want to rest your body on a fall day but not your imagination, The Hunger Games is a suspense-filled, exciting book you will love. And the best part is, if you like the original, there are two more to read!

Everyone needs a little R&R, so make sure you get some this fall with plenty of time curled up with one of these great books!