Bernie Sanders Is Not A Sell Out

Bernie Sanders Is Not A Sell Out

Bernie Sanders is a man of his word.

15
Bernie Sanders Is Not A Sell Out
nationofchange.org

Well it's officially Hillary Clinton is the Democratic party's nominee. Bernie supporters fought a long hard battle to try and get our candidate onto the Democratic ticket and we were not successful. There was a lot of emotions and we were not happy that we did not succeed. One of the most common things in politics is for the runner-up to endorse the candidate that they lost to, Bernie did just that. Now on my social media feeds today, I see many people are calling Bernie a sellout and claiming that he is caving into Clinton's past policies. Calling Bernie Sanders a sellout is wrong and let me explain to you why.

Bernie Sanders has always been a man of his beliefs, it's one of the reasons that he stayed in the race for so long. By staying in the race for as long as he did, Bernie wasn't holding out for a V.P. spot or Secretary of State spot, he was looking to change the Democratic platform. By staying in the race for as long as he did, Bernie ensured that Hillary would stay to the more progressive platform.

This is not like any election we have seen before, we have extremely dangerous candidates running on the other ticket, Democrats need to unite. By Bernie endorsing Hillary he isn't selling out he's attempting to bridge the progressives with the centrist Democrats. We cannot allow the other side to win this and look to see the things we have in common. Hillary and Bernie have much more in common than Bernie and Trump do, or ever will.

Bernie Sanders may have lost the nomination, but the future for Democratic socialism is looking really bright.