Benefits of Using Primer Before Applying Makeup

You might be following various skincare routines and tutorials on applying makeup, but if you are not applying primer, you skip a significant step in makeup application. A primer is used before applying foundation or any other makeup for skin preparation. Once you find the suitable primer for your skin, you will wonder why you have been skipping it. Here are a few benefits of applying primer before your makeup.

Seals Your Pores

One of the significant benefits of a primer is that it seals your skin pores. When you have large pores, the pores may still look visible if you apply liquid foundation, hence beating the purpose of a foundation. Makeup primer helps seal those pores by creating a blanket over them and reducing their visibility.

Ensures MakeUp Stays for Longer

If you apply makeup daily and want it to last you the whole day, do not skip a primer. It helps keep your foundation in place and other make-up products you are using. Even after staying with makeup for a long time, your face will still look young.

Makes the Application Process Easier

Once you apply primer, applying foundation and other products is relatively easy. This is because a primer acts like an additional sheet on the face which helps makeup products to glide smoothly over your face.

Ideal for Any Skin and Color

One advantage of a primer is that it works with any skin color. Therefore, you will not struggle to find something that suits you as there are no shades to choose from. This helps narrow down the selection process. In addition, primers are available for all skin types. For example, if you have dry skin, you can benefit from hydrating foundation primers.

Hides Signs of Aging

Most primers do not come with anti-aging properties, though a few may have anti-aging ingredients. However, what it does is make your skin appear younger by smoothing fine lines and wrinkles. This gives you a youthful appearance.

It is Light in Weight

If you are worried that you will feel like a different mask over your face if you apply primer, you can stop. The primer is light, creating a pleasant and soft finish over the face. It is almost like using lotion on your face. However, your face will still feel lighter.

It is Easy to Apply

Another reason to consider adding primer to your makeup routine is how easy it is to apply. It is the same way you use lotion on the face, but lighter and not greasy. You apply it as a liquid, and it dries up quickly, allowing you to apply your foundation. Also, it will not feel gluey. Instead, it is like a comfy soft cloud.

Lessens the Appearance of Acne

If you suffer from acne, primers can help conceal it. Even though a primer does not help fight acne, it acts as a subtle concealer if you get good quality.

Primers are Non-Comedogenic

Some primers are non-comedogenic, meaning they will not irritate your skin or break your face. Also, they do not clog pores, hence preventing blackheads and acne.

Reduces Redness

If you have redness issues with your face, you can also benefit from using a primer. It helps reduce the appearance of red spots or redness caused by acne. It does so by camouflaging blemishes on the skin without irritation.

If you enjoy applying makeup, then ensure that a primer becomes part of your routine as well. With all these benefits to be enjoyed, you will be helping your skin and enhance your look.