What Being In A Christian Sorority Is Really Like
Education

What Being In A Christian Sorority Is Really Like In 2019

When Panhellenic sorority life didn't work out, I found an alternative that I love.

395
Miranda Myers

So my experience in Pan was not the best, and after leaving my Pan sorority, I was looking for another way to be involved on campus and to make some friends that genuinely cared about me and who positively impact other people's lives. I heard about Sigma Phi Lambda when I was coming into school but I chose not to do it because I didn't think I would fit in. I joined fall 2018, and I fit in just fine. The women of Phi Lamb are a variety of people who are very strong in their faith and people who are still figuring it out - and I was the still figuring it out girl.

I jumped in with both feet because that's just who I am, and I got involved in Homecoming. We have a fall and spring retreat, we have date parties, we have a philanthropy event each semester that benefits World Vision which is an organization that helps third world communities develop into a more functioning community, and we have a chapter every week. The great thing is we never have to dress up for Chapter, and we also have a prayer group each week which goes more in-depth into the devotional that was at Chapter on Sunday. Another great thing about Phi Lamb is the fact that it is SO AFFORDABLE!! The payment I make in a semester was how much it was MONTHLY in a Pan sorority.

Miranda Myers

We also get to do big-little, and this semester I was able to take two of the best littles ever!! (I'm a little biased.)

Miranda Myers

The only thing you really need to join Phi Lamb is a desire to find a community in Christ. Phi Lamb has given me so many opportunities and I was given the opportunity of going to the big leadership conference this year and it was life changing and brought my passion for Phi lamb out in full force.

OU chapter at One Heart RetreatMiranda Myers

This semester I also decided to give my life to God and got baptized. My sisters in Phi Lamb and a lot of my family watched as I got baptized and they continue to support and love me as I follow God the best way that I can.

Miranda Myers

Phi Lamb is also involved in multiple different parts of campus activities, we helped CAC raise over $900,000 for the kids this year, and we also participate in Big Event (OU's biggest day of community service) and Relay for Life in the Spring!

Miranda Myers

So basically, if you want a community of people who love and care about your well being, if you want to be involved on campus, if you want to meet your best friends, you should join an organization that will give you as much as you put into it. For me, that organization is Sigma Phi Lambda.