How To Actually Stay Healthy In College

How To Actually Stay Healthy In College

Take It From Someone Who Has Been Sick Most of College

41
How To Actually Stay Healthy In College

If there's anything I have learned in college, it's my ability to handle being sick. It seems as though I have spent the majority of my college career with one illness or another. Here are some tips for surviving college when you aren't feelin' well:

1. Get Plenty of Sleep

You'd be surprised how much a lack of sleep can affect you. Too much or to little sleep will cause you have to low energy and exhaustion. Having low energy can cause you to be less productive throughout the day.

2. Eat Right.

Whether it is eating meals at appropriate times or actual food and not just junk, both play a key role in providing key nutrients to your body at all times of the day.

3. Balance school and fun.

I promise the bars and parties aren't going anywhere. Take care of yourself and your grades too.

4. Talk to someone.

College can be a shell shock to some people. Some adjust better than others. Don't be afraid to reach out to your parents, friends, counselors, etc. You are never alone.

5. Cut out toxic people and relationships.

Even as we get older, we still constantly face pressures from others. People will tell us we can never do something, even if it is our biggest dream. Don't be afraid to do what is best for you in any part of life, even if it can be hard or difficult.